Hydnsek 10

Terrible T's 16 $50

Silent NW 16 $50

jolandy 10

alciato 10

mount10bike 10

Total Cans 559

Well, Guys and Gals,

The auction is under way and it will be ending tomorrow afternoon at 5PM. Theres also one going on at the same time in Yakima for about 1700 cans. Too bad we cant use that many cuz Im sure it would be a better deal. But then, Im not sure Im willing to commit 3000-4500 to something like that. E-baying 1000 cans may take a while.....LOL. We will see how this one goes. If I get ambitious, I may make an e-mail list of all who have shown interest in these cans and if we dont get in on this one, I will stay in contact via e-mail with those wanted cans to see how the next one goes and to also see if there are any who might be willing to up their price per can. Personally, I think 3 dollars a can is a very good price and even 4 dollars a can would be a good deal concidering, if you wan to buy them off of e-bay you pay shipping. If you want o be them locally at a retail outlet, Im sure you will pay a minimum of $3.99 plus tax.

So should I assume that we won the bid? :unsure:

The final price seems to have come out to $1.75 a can on the bid, so with taxes and everything it seems like it would have been a good price. It seemes that in an earlier post it was said that we could bid up to $2.50 and with all the extras come out to below $3 a can.

I have not been sent an invoice yet, but from what I can tell, We were sussessful in winning this auction.

I had crunched the numbers prior to this auction to see how far I could go before I would have to bow out and I think I could have gone up to 2.53 per can. Now, I did win the auction for less than that. I worked out the numbers and the cost per can comes in at $2.22 per can.

If anyone has an issue with paying $3 per can, speak up and I will remove you from the list.

Also, if anyone has a flat bed trailer capable of holding 1200 pounds please let me know. I have a 2004 F150 and Id be pushing it at about 1500 pounds. The lot weighs 2400.

I think that once I pay for my fuel that theres will be minimal profit for me, which I wasnt wanting to do to begin with. So, I will announce a time when these cans will be available for pickup as soon as I find out when I can go get them.

Thanks to all of those who showed an interest in getting this lot of cans.

Nick

I have not been sent an invoice yet, but from what I can tell, We were sussessful in winning this auction.

I had crunched the numbers prior to this auction to see how far I could go before I would have to bow out and I think I could have gone up to 2.53 per can. Now, I did win the auction for less than that. I worked out the numbers and the cost per can comes in at $2.22 per can.

If anyone has an issue with paying $3 per can, speak up and I will remove you from the list.

Also, if anyone has a flat bed trailer capable of holding 1200 pounds please let me know. I have a 2004 F150 and Id be pushing it at about 1500 pounds. The lot weighs 2400.

I think that once I pay for my fuel that theres will be minimal profit for me, which I wasnt wanting to do to begin with. So, I will announce a time when these cans will be available for pickup as soon as I find out when I can go get them.

Thanks to all of those who showed an interest in getting this lot of cans.

Nick

Thanks for all your hard work Nick.

I have a work truck that has contractor rigs on the back but still has a decent cargo capacity, and a company gas card. I will help out with the pickup if I at all can. Work is fairly flexable. I don't know about 1200 lbs though.

Thanks for the offer Andrew. Im hoping that I can arrange a pick-up of these cans during the week of Aug 5-11. Im off that week and I can run down to the base. Im pretty sure that the cans have the lids removed from them as they are stored on the pallets. I spoke with a person who works for Govt Liquidators and he assured me that I can leave the pallets and shrink wrap there. It would be a matter of brick-laying these boxes in the bed of my truck until a max weight is reached then putting the remainder in another vehicle. I think the cans have a weight of about 4 pounds each so the weight of the auction, 2400 pounds probably includes the pallets.

Once I get them home, I will assemble them and stack them in my garage and then y'all can come and get em.

If you're picking up some/all of the cans on August 5 (Sunday), I'd be willing to meet you at the pick-up site to help you load them. And...I can possibly go ahead & pay for/pick up mine & any of the NUTS from the north end that wants theirs picked up (up to the point where my Explorer can't take any more). Just let me know the time, etc. I've got a base sticker too, if that's an issue.

Edited by Lizzy

Thanks for the offer Lizzty, I will keep you in mind. Im compiling a list by location and theres several who dont list their location in their profile.

Will the following people e-mail me with their location so I can see if we can combine some trips to save time and money.

Half Candian

WRASTRO

Recdiver

Luckkoi

DoodleCat & MisterKirk

Sassy and Gordy

Hydnsek

Silent NW

jolandy

alciato

and mount10bike

Also, Lizzy, I dont know if they allow pickups on weekends or not. I have still yet to be invoiced for these. I will call and get some questions answered and post them here.

Thanks for the offer Lizzy, I will keep you in mind. Im compiling a list by location and theres several who dont list their location in their profile.

Will the following people e-mail me with their location so I can see if we can combine some trips to save time and money.

Half Candian

WRASTRO

Recdiver

Luckkoi

DoodleCat & MisterKirk

Sassy and Gordy

Hydnsek

Silent NW

jolandy

alciato

and mount10bike

Also, Lizzy, I dont know if they allow pickups on weekends or not. I have still yet to be invoiced for these. I will call and get some questions answered and post them here.

Edited by Berta, Nick and Zoey

Thanks for the offer Lizzty, I will keep you in mind. Im compiling a list by location and theres several who dont list their location in their profile.

Half Candian

WRASTRO

Recdiver

Luckkoi

DoodleCat & MisterKirk

Sassy and Gordy

Hydnsek

Silent NW

jolandy

alciato

and mount10bike

Thanks for the offer Lizzy, I will keep you in mind. Im compiling a list by location and theres several who dont list their location in their profile.

Half Candian

WRASTRO

Recdiver

Luckkoi

DoodleCat & MisterKirk

Sassy and Gordy

Hydnsek

Silent NW

jolandy

alciato

and mount10bike

If you're picking up some/all of the cans on August 5 (Sunday), I'd be willing to meet you at the pick-up site to help you load them. And...I can possibly go ahead & pay for/pick up mine & any of the NUTS from the north end that wants theirs picked up (up to the point where my Explorer can't take any more). Just let me know the time, etc. I've got a base sticker too, if that's an issue.

WooHOO!! I wanna go on the road/caching trip with you Lizzy!! Let me know the scoop on when you wanna go and we can figure it out from there! We can pick up Sassy & Gordy's plus Half Canadian's too if they want.

To all,

I plan on making an appointment to pick the cans up during the week of Aug 6th - 10th. (vacation week).

Any weekend after that, the cans will be available. Thats the best I can tell you until I get in touch with the contact person at the base to set up an appointment, which I will do tomorrow. Im out of town all next week so thats out.

Yippee!!!

Nick, we're in the North48 between Lizzy and Harriet and would appreciate it if we could combine our pickin up/payin arrangement with them. Also, as luck would have it - I have Friday 8/10 off and could make plans to pick them up then, if that works. I'm not sure about the space, but I'd be more than willing to pick up 1/2 Canadian's too, if she'd like and we can fit them. (anybody have any idea how many cans might fit in the back of a Honda CRV??)

And Nick, I'm sure I can speak for all of us when I say, THANKS SO MUCH!

Ok, I finished making arrangments to pick up the cans. Im going to rent a U-haul trailer and between the trailer and my truck bed, I can haul all of them. If anyone is interested in going along for the ride and to help load them, Im more than happy for the company. I will be going to Fort Lewis on Aug 6th around 10AM.

Im currently making a list of who is wanting to pick up what, plus those who want to pick up someone elses cans too.

Id like to hear from DoodleCat & MisterKirk if you are out there in cyberland, drop me a note.

Most of my Saturdays for the month of August are booked. Got a son getting married!!!

But if you give me a heads up, i might be available for pickup. Other than that, Sundays offer more flexabilty for me to be available.

Thanks

George will be headed back to Kirkland from Long Beach some time on the 6th in the afternoon. Would you be available then for a pickup? There should be room in the geowagon for additional cans if anyone wants to make arrangements. BTW, the geowagon is a Subaru Outback so a fair number of cans should be able to fit in the back. 50? More?

I would assume payment will be due upon pickup so anyone wanting George to pick up their cans would need to get a check to George before the 3rd.

Im want $3 per can. With renting the U-haul and Gas down there I will be incurring a few costs. As far as people picking up for others, keep working on that and I trying to track who is grabbing who's cans. I have had 3 people who were not on the origianl list who are now wanting cans so those who originally showed interest will need to let me know before Aug 19th whether Im to save cans for them. If not, I will contact those who are on the "waiting list"

Thanks.

Nick

Yippee!!!

Nick, we're in the North48 between Lizzy and Harriet and would appreciate it if we could combine our pickin up/payin arrangement with them. Also, as luck would have it - I have Friday 8/10 off and could make plans to pick them up then, if that works. I'm not sure about the space, but I'd be more than willing to pick up 1/2 Canadian's too, if she'd like and we can fit them. (anybody have any idea how many cans might fit in the back of a Honda CRV??)

Harriet's Quote: "WooHOO!! I wanna go on the road/caching trip with you Lizzy!! Let me know the scoop on when you wanna go and we can figure it out from there! We can pick up Sassy & Gordy's plus Half Canadian's too if they want."

^^^ (Not tech savvy...can you tell?) Anyhow...

Friday's are great for me (with husband's work schedule) - so, the 10th would work for a run down to Maple Valley (arggghhh...traffic, oh well). How's your Fridays, Harriet?

I wish I could be there on the 6th to help you out, but I'm not so sure you'd want a 4 year old under your feet during the loading!!

Hey Allanon, I can grab your 10 & drop 'em at your work on my way back up if you're there on Friday?? Just let me know.

Im want $3 per can. With renting the U-haul and Gas down there I will be incurring a few costs. As far as people picking up for others, keep working on that and I trying to track who is grabbing who's cans. I have had 3 people who were not on the origianl list who are now wanting cans so those who originally showed interest will need to let me know before Aug 19th whether Im to save cans for them. If not, I will contact those who are on the "waiting list"

Thanks.

Nick

I'm still in, I just wanted to be sure of the price. Do you want check or paypal?

Yippee!!!

Harriet's Quote:

"WooHOO!! I wanna go on the road/caching trip with you Lizzy!! Let me know the scoop on when you wanna go and we can figure it out from there! We can pick up Sassy & Gordy's plus Half Canadian's too if they want."

^^^ (Not tech savvy...can you tell?) fixed it for you L :) Anyhow...

Friday's are great for me (with husband's work schedule) - so, the 10th would work for a run down to Maple Valley (arggghhh...traffic, oh well). How's your Fridays, Harriet?

I wish I could be there on the 6th to help you out, but I'm not so sure you'd want a 4 year old under your feet during the loading!!

Hey Allanon, I can grab your 10 & drop 'em at your work on my way back up if you're there on Friday?? Just let me know.

That would be great. I'm at work on Fridays until 2:00. If it's later than that I'll meet you somewhere else.

For people like me who is going to have someone else pick up their cans -- (whoever ends up doing it I owe you big time!!!) -- how shall we get the money to you for our purchase?

Laurie, how about if we talk about that today when I see you at the event in Bellingham?? :)

Lizzy, let's think about caravaning down there (is it a caravan with only two vehicles?) on 8/10. We can get Harriet's, Laurie's, Allanon's, and of course our own cans, too. Additionally, I'd be willing to bring home SilentNW's cans, if he'd like.

I think that pretty much covers us in the North-end.

That would be great. I'm at work on Fridays until 2:00. If it's later than that I'll meet you somewhere else.

We'll have to make plans to meet you somewhere else, later. I haven't mentioned it to Lizzy yet, but if we're going to be traveling through Seattle on a Friday it might be nice to stop by the Lilypad if we can harangue an invite. I haven't seen the new digs, and sweet Lizzy hasn't been there EVER.

BTW, Nick, I'll be bringing cache cash for my lot of cans. :)

Looks like I better make another list as to who is coming when and who's they are picking up.

As far as payment, cash is best. But I also have a paypal account. Other than that, Money Orders will work.

And of course, for every puzzle cache that you can provide me the answer to, Ill give you one of your cans for half price. Just Kidding!!!!

I will be gone starting tomorrow for about 5-6 days, so any e-mails or posts on here wont be answered until I get back. Gonna go camping over in Eastern Washington and see how many caches we can get without seeing any snakes!!!

Reading back through the areas where people are coming from, I see that Wrastro, Jolandy are close and the Allanon works near Totem Lake. Any chance the three of you could combine into one pickup?

35 cans total

Thanks

I can pick up mine and Jolandy's on the afternoon of the 6th. I can also pick up Allanon's if he would like me to. He had made other arrangements but it might be more convenient for him if I get them.

I will just need directions.

I find caches with coordinates but I find people with directions. If you want to place a cache in your front yard or garage then go ahead and give me coordinates. You could call it "I've been canned" or some such.

I just need the info before I head out of town on Friday.

Lizzy, let's think about caravaning down there (is it a caravan with only two vehicles?) on 8/10. We can get Harriet's, Laurie's, Allanon's, and of course our own cans, too. Additionally, I'd be willing to bring home SilentNW's cans, if he'd like.

I think that pretty much covers us in the North-end.

Alrighty then...Brad is fine with me running off for the day. I REALLY like the idea of visiting HQ if that works out. Looks like a go & I'll bring cash. I'll email Harriet/Sassy separately to figure out times, etc.

Allanon, we'll figure out something for yours if you'd like. Maybe we could call when we get nearby on pick-up day??

Hey Nick - we still need to know if/when you'd be available on Friday the 10th for the pick-up.

Are all the cans spoken for? I'm getting in late on this post. I'll take 10. I still have about 15 50 cal cans left from 2 years ago, so if anyone is interested in a larger can I'll trade 1 for 1. I'm located near Monroe. Allanon and several others are close, so if you all work out a pick up time let me know.

I'm heading to OR and Calif. later in the week, so I'll be gone for a week. Thanks

Looks like I better make another list as to who is coming when and who's they are picking up.

As far as payment, cash is best. But I also have a paypal account. Other than that, Money Orders will work.

And of course, for every puzzle cache that you can provide me the answer to, Ill give you one of your cans for half price. Just Kidding!!!!

I will be gone starting tomorrow for about 5-6 days, so any e-mails or posts on here wont be answered until I get back. Gonna go camping over in Eastern Washington and see how many caches we can get without seeing any snakes!!!

Remember Nick is out of town and won't be answering any e-mail until he gets back so don't get too anxious if you aren't getting any replies.

Remember Nick is out of town and won't be answering any e-mail until he gets back so don't get too anxious if you aren't getting any replies.

Bah! Being out of town is no excuse for ignoring important geocaching business. <_<

The next thing you know people will be claiming they can't maintain caches because they have to go to work. What IS the World coming to?

I understand he is gone.. but maybe somebody who knows them might have the pertinent information. Say Sassy Pants is out of town.. and somebody asked me, if they were going to cache near her what cache would they use to run a PQ off of, I could answer for her because I know her and I would say "Cheap and EZ" GCZNEE.

A good center point would probably be "South Of Eastwood" GCYNR7.

I understand he is gone.. but maybe somebody who knows them might have the pertinent information. Say Sassy Pants is out of town.. and somebody asked me, if they were going to cache near her what cache would they use to run a PQ off of, I could answer for her because I know her and I would say "Cheap and EZ" GCZNEE.

A good center point would probably be "South Of Eastwood" GCYNR7.

Thanks for the help, LR.

We are maxing out on room, but I think we can bring home GeoRoo's, too. That is if Nick says he's got extra. (when he comes back from vacay, of course)