surplus ammo can purchase database

Berta Nick Zoey

I was just crunching some numbers and I still think we are missing out on a good buy.

Heres what I came up with, correct me where you think Im wrong.

Lot 7402 has 656 cans. I used 10% as a factor for throwing out bad cans. Not sure if thats accurate or not. Some of you who in the past have bought a large stash of cans could correct that. Maybe its more, who knows.

So using what I mentioned at 10%

The bid with 1 hour left was $1020

Plus a 10% buyers premium =102

Plus state sales tax at 8.9% = 90

so all told it comes to $1212. throw out 10% bad leaves 591 good cans

1212 divided by 591 comes to 2.05 per can.

I dont know about anyone else, but even at $3 a can I think thats a good price. If there was a way to get firm orders from people so that someone wouldnt get stuck with a garage full of ammo cans, I see no reason why we couldnt pull this off. Im open to comments or suggestions. Also, if you e-mail me let me know what the maximum you would be willing to pay for your cans. Ive checked around and most surplus stores seem to want a minimum of about 5.99 a can. The only variable in this that could mess us all up is damaged cans.

Even at 50% bad cans they would still only cost 3.69 per can, still a good price I think.

If anyone would want to email me with FIRM intentions as to what they are willing to put forward in money, I may be willing to set this up for a future auction. But, I need FIRM orders, please.

Also, when and if a time comes where we were to win an auction, someone other than myself who has a pickup truck would need to accompany me to pick them up. I probably could handle 30-50% of an order in one trip. So, lets look at a future auction and see what happens.

Also, any corrections to my formula will be gladly concidered.

Oh Yea, email me at x116yb@yahoo.com to let me know if you want to be part of a purchase.

I live in Maple Valley about 15 minutes from the I-5 AND HIWAY 18 interchange so it wouldnt be too far out of most peoples way if they were traveling the i-5 corridor.

I will start a database with name, amount wanted and max price willing to pay and see where it goes from there.

Thanks

Nick

I thought of another idea also to help take care of the damaged cans. We have no idea as to how many of them may be damaged. But, what if we just went and figured out a percentage of the entire lot, that a purchaser bought, and have their portion to include the same percentage of damaged cans. if you bought 50 cans and there was a 10% damaged rate, then you'd be responsible for 5 damaged cans as part of your lot? That way the original purchaser wouldnt get stuck hauling damaged cans away. Also, does anyone see on the site that was offering thee cans where the final bid price is located? I looked and wasnt able to find it anywhere.

As it stands right now I have orders for 322 cans. Theres an auction that starts in about 11 days thats only for 141 cans. I think Im going to wait for a bigger one to come by. Im searching the site to see if theres any sort of schedule to how these things pop up and I have a feeling its hit and miss. So, what Ill do is keep a constant watch on the auctions and when theres one coming up that will fill what we want, Ill e-mail everyone and see if they are still in for some cans. And hopefully we will get more people wanting cans to add to the list.

There is an auction at Fort Lewis towards the end of July for 522 30cal ammo cans. Can I get a quick roll call on who may be interested? I will bid these cans to about 3-3.50 per can. After that Im out of the bid. So, lemme kow ASAP. A while back I had commitments for about 340 or so. So chime in quickly and we'll take it from there.

Also, this auction comes in at about 2400 pounds. Im sure I can handle half of that on my truck. If any one around the Auburn area wants to help haul them let me know. Of course that is if I can win these things.

Also, I noticed that Yakima had a huge amount of 30 Cal cans to get rid of but thats tooo much for me to deal with.

I'd be willing to spend $100...that being said, remember that there are various fees and taxes associated with the sale. If your winning bid is $3.50 each, adding those fees plus transportation costs and an allownace for dented/unuseable cans could put us at close to $5.00 each for a final price -- not much of a deal.

Ok, heres what I will do to eliminate the confusion. I will enter this auction with the notion that these cans will sell from me to anyone interested for a maximum of $3 a can. That will include the buyer premium that they charge of 10 percent plus the 8-9 percent state sales tax. Once the bidding gets above 43 a can, Ill quit bidding. If they come in under $3 a can, I will sell at a reduced price.

But be warned, if these cans have a 10% damaged rate, then whoever buys however many they wan, then they will need to take a 10% damaged amount also. Who knows, maybe the damage is slight and easily fixable.

But be warned, if these cans have a 10% damaged rate, then whoever buys however many they wan, then they will need to take a 10% damaged amount also. Who knows, maybe the damage is slight and easily fixable.

I'm still in as above. 10% damaged not too bad unless all the damaged ones are flat pieces of molten metal :P

I believe i"m already in the can-purchase database you created, but I'm still in for up to 10 cans or $60, whichever works. Max $3.50/can.

Agreed...what's the point of the database if we have to 'reverify' each time?

I'm in for my previously stated amounts.

I'm still in as before, a dozen.

I'm sure showing up at a couple of events would eliminate any extras that are left over after those of us who participate in forums get done first. I know many people who only occasionally check in on the forums.

Heres the list of those who expressed interest in purchasing Ammo cans if I bid on them.

One person inquired as to why I asked again 3 months after the original request was made in April. Its simple. Im the one willing to put the 1500-2000 dollars up to do this. I just want to make sure that I can account for the cans so that I dont get stuck with a bunch of them.

Id like to see more cans asked for than are available. That would be ideal so that in the end, all the cans would be taken.

The list below accounts for approx 452 cans.

Wild Wiggly Beanz 150

Lizzy 15

Scuichetti 20

Harriet the Spy 15

jcar 12

Half Canadian 30

Allanon 10

WRASTRO 15

mudsneaker 15

ruck 10

GrnXnham 15

Recdiver 15

AndrewRJ 10

Luckkoi 10

DoodleCat & MisterKirk 100

Me 10

Prying Pandora 10 to 20

Sassy and Gordy $50

Hydnsek 10

Terrible T's $50

Heres the list of those who expressed interest in purchasing Ammo cans if I bid on them.

One person inquired as to why I asked again 3 months after the original request was made in April. Its simple. Im the one willing to put the 1500-2000 dollars up to do this. I just want to make sure that I can account for the cans so that I dont get stuck with a bunch of them.

Id like to see more cans asked for than are available. That would be ideal so that in the end, all the cans would be taken.

The list below accounts for approx 452 cans.

Wild Wiggly Beanz 150

Lizzy 15

Scuichetti 20

Harriet the Spy 15

jcar 12

Half Canadian 30

Allanon 10

WRASTRO 15

mudsneaker 15

ruck 10

GrnXnham 15

Recdiver 15

AndrewRJ 10

Luckkoi 10

DoodleCat & MisterKirk 100

Me 10

Prying Pandora 10 to 20

Sassy and Gordy $50

Hydnsek 10

Terrible T's $50

Go ahead and sign me up for another ten for a total of 20 if at or below $3.00 a can

Edited by luckykoi