GeoTag Trading Thread

Team Sand Dollar

I finally got a chance to take a picture of my geotags. I am happy with the way they turned out! I had no duplicate tracking numbers. I can't figure out how to insert a picture as it keeps giving me an error, but here is a link to the picture. If anyone can tell me how to have it appear in my post that would be great!

Thanks again Mike for putting this whole project together!!

Here is yours Princess Lisa -

41a2e620-a036-4815-b4d8-b686146d7ccb.jpg

I have put together a list by coin number of all GetTags from the first run. I have been able to trade for many of them but there are still a couple of cachers that I am still waiting on a reply from. I've include also in this list coins that are not available for trade and those that were nerver made.

Team Sand Dollar

1 (XX No Coin Made XX)

2 (XX No Coin Made XX)

3 Atwell

4 (XX No Coin Made XX)

5 (XX No Coin Made XX)

6 Avroair

7 FiveDime

8 Fluttershy (-- Waiting on Reply --)

9 Hobbycache

10 jay mills (-- Waiting on Reply --)

11 rubiconlwb

12 (Catch the Geobug! Let's Look over Thayer")

13 (Coin Never Made) OldNavy59

14 PennyPacker

15 rasj (** Not Trading **)

16 Scaw

17 scobey

18 smort78

19 Stellar JR.

20 Stellarscapes

21 Summerandnana

22 Tokencollector's

23 Tsunrisebey

24 (Coin Never Made) Geocache Alabama

25 wsgaskins

26 ZSandmann (Coins Missing at this time)

27 Sunshine Gang (-- Waiting on Reply --)

28 Peter and Gloria

29 Blue Power Rangers

30 Rawlins Brownbag Event (?? Unknown Owner ??)

31 Beanpod (-- Waiting on Reply --)

32 Go Jaybee

33 GPX Navigators

34 Painter RL (-- Waiting on Reply --)

35 Team GSVNoFixedAbode (-- Waiting on Reply --)

36 Red Otter

37 Wilg (** Not Trading **)

38 Islander 1988 (-- Waiting on Reply --)

39 Hocking area Wilderness Geocachers (?? Unknown Owner ??)

40 Hawaiian Ninja

41 Islander 1988 (Lunenburg County Cachers) (-- Waiting on Reply --)

42 usyoopers

43 Team Owl

44 W8NC

45 IBcrashen

46 Aiden's Cachers

47 creacher

48 Islander 1988 (The Only Bugs I Like) (-- Waiting on Reply --)

49 O-Mega

50 Crowesfeat30

51 Strider

52 Islander 1988 (GW5) (-- Waiting on Reply --)

53 edugato

54 Islander 1988 (Puzzle Street) (-- Waiting on Reply --)

55 Buffalo Wings

56 Team Sand Dollar

57 Islander 1988 (GeoCash II) (Event Coin not being traded at this time)

58 ~tasia~

59 0R0B0RUS

60 corey Joey

61 fairhoney

62 glennk721

63 kimba Off Track

64 Princess Lisa

65 Rebeljedi

66 keewee

67 chaosmanor

68 Sandtracker

69 Sandtracker

70 Take a Kid Geocaching

71 T"n"T

72 Tank Hounds

73 e_d_e_ & Piglet too (-- Waiting on Reply --)

74 (Coin Never Made) JimBobWe

75 12 Provincien

I'd like to make a suggestion for making GeoTag trading easier and cheaper. Break off in to groups of 11, with each group having a co-ordinator (someone puts their hand up and says 'pick me'). Then each person in a given group sends the group co-ordinator 10 of their GeoTags. Each person also PayPal's the group co-ordinator for postage and packaging and receives back a package with 10 GeoTags in it - one from each of the others in the group!

Anyone keen? I live too far from the action to be a co-ordinator, but I'm in if some one else wants to be. There is no reason a group has to be 11 in size - could be small or larger.

I am selectively trading my geocoin, please email if interested, let me know which finish you prefer. I have two finishes, 30 each in nickel:

6005trims.jpg

and in brass:

6009trimg.jpg

I will not make any more brass (they look great, I am just not a "gold-type-person"). If I do any future re-orders (somewhat likely), they will only be in nickel. So...brass will likely be the more limited of the two...

I'd be willing to trade one or more of my "signature" items - a scarf I hand knit.

I know its not a trade coin or tag, but if anyone is interested, I'd be willing to let one or two go.

:angry: Are you serious? If so contact me, I would sooo trade a coin for a hand knitted scarf any day!!! :angry:

I'd be willing to trade one or more of my "signature" items - a scarf I hand knit.

I know its not a trade coin or tag, but if anyone is interested, I'd be willing to let one or two go.

:angry: Are you serious? If so contact me, I would sooo trade a coin for a hand knitted scarf any day!!! :angry:

What HE said, yeah :angry:

:blink: Are you serious? If so contact me, I would sooo trade a coin for a hand knitted scarf any day!!! :angry:

What HE said, yeah :angry:

:angry: ditto! :angry:

okay, so that's 3 scarves.

These aren't that fancy or that big or long, but I do have blue, red, brown (I think) and black for the basic colours. I use the fancy fur from Lion Brand. They are just long enough to tuck into the top of a jacket but not too long that they strangle people. Those that have gotten them in caches have loved them. :angry:

PM me and we'll see what I can do. I have two blacks left from my stash pile that are currently ready to go. Once the yarn is used up, I won't be able to make any more because the Michael's near me doesn't carry that specific type of yarn. They carry Lion Brand, but discontinued the yarn I use for the scarves. :angry: I can make one in an evening, so they are pretty much made as I needed them. :angry:

If you want a fancier scarf, we'll have to talk. :blink::angry:

I also make window clings. But those take two to three days to dry and I only make them for prizes at meets.

Anyone wanna trade a pathtag for sayyyyy 4 of my smashed coins. There are 12 designs. 3 tags will score you a complete set.

They can all be the same, though I would prefer to get different tags. :angry:

Those are really nice, Snoogans!

Thank you. :angry:

They aren't very impressive on zinc pennies, but copper and nickel look great. Most impressive are the ones on certain types of foreign coinage. The 2 metal Dos and Uno Pesos look great, but not so good on my designs with more text. The British 1 Penny pieces are just AWESOME for my text designs. German, Dutch, French, Italian, and Canadian coins work great as well.

I'll trade until the cows come home. I could care less about making money with these coins.

I bought 57.5 pounds of foriegn coins to smash. Some are great some not so great. Some are too big and some too small. There will be many one of a kind coins from that lot. I had a Romanian coin that stretched onto the next die and it was the only coin I had like it. I traded it at GW5.

I bought 25,000 copper pennies. I also bought 5000 wheat pennies, but they are strictly for sale/trade to serious collectors.

Edited by Snoogans

Anyone wanna trade a pathtag for sayyyyy 4 of my smashed coins. There are 12 designs. 3 tags will score you a complete set.

They can all be the same, though I would prefer to get different tags. :angry:

Then I think you are in the wrong tread...

GeoTags are geocoins trackable at geocaching.com, not a pathtag... :angry:

Oh, even better. I don't have ANY of those. :angry: Are they roughly the same cost and quality as a pathtag? If they cost more, I may need to change my trading offer. :angry:

They can all be the same, though I would prefer to get different tags. :laughing:

GeoTags are geocoins trackable at geocaching.com, not a pathtag... :laughing:

Oh, even better. I don't have ANY of those. :laughing: Are they roughly the same cost and quality as a pathtag? If they cost more, I may need to change my trading offer. :laughing:

See here --> Geotags . First 50 cost $235, including set up fee. Price drops after that.

Original run was a bit cheaper than this.

The Geotags are now listed on the GeoCoin Collection website.

Who owns the "take the kids geocaching"tag? I started a (clone)topic in the dutch forum i would like to trade for this one.

I have a 12 provincien geocoinrace geotag for trade(or more). Its the last one in the overview

TMOCM had the TAKG coins minted...we also have some to trade. Awesome pictures in your cloned thread!

The Geotags are now listed on the GeoCoin Collection website.

WOOHOO So they are - AWESOME!!!!!! And as individual coins too - not all lumped in together. Thank you very much to the guys at GeoCoin Collection!!!!!

You are welcome. We decided after much talk and listening to level headed users to add them to the database. We hope everyone is satisfied with this end result. If your coin is not listed, or listed incorrectly or we don't have a picture of it, please feel free to drop us a line to get it corrected. Posting here won't necessarily work, email is better.

Also, it looks like there are two finishes available. At this point they are only in as a coin, no mention of finish. Is this OK and the users can place the finish in the comments or would having the finish listed as separate coin be better?

If you want them split by finishes, then we need to be let know what finish your coin(s) is(are).

Thank you.

Brian Allen

GeoCoins.net

okay, in case anyone else wants to pm me... My scarf trades is done. I've got too many to make and won't be able to do them immediately. Each one is hand made when the request for the scarf is taken.

Thank you to all who asked either in pms, emails or on this thread. :D

They can all be the same, though I would prefer to get different tags. ;)

GeoTags are geocoins trackable at geocaching.com, not a pathtag... :drama:

Oh, even better. I don't have ANY of those. :o Are they roughly the same cost and quality as a pathtag? If they cost more, I may need to change my trading offer. :signalviolin:

:mmraspberry:

Please, let's not get into that quality question over here, too. That question was fiercely debated in another thread that was eventually closed by the moderators.

I'll list just the facts here : you make up your own mind on trading "value".

CoinFacts

GeoTag geocoins are fully trackable on geocaching.com. All of them have a common icon, and common back side design and share a custom prefix 'GT" on the tracking #. They are 1.25" diameter and 2.0mm thick. Available platings are brass and nickel (so far.) There is discussion right now in another thread ("Cointest!") about creating a second back-side design for future re-orders and as an option for new orders. All front side designs are "owned" by the individual who ordered them. This means that only that individual will be able to tell you how many they have made and in which metals and if they have any plans to make any more in the future.

Comparative size:

PathTag: 23mm diameter, 2.0mm thickness

CacheTags: 28.5mm in diameter and 2.0mm thick

GeoTag geocoin: 31.75mm diameter, 2.0mm thick

They can all be the same, though I would prefer to get different tags. <_<

GeoTags are geocoins trackable at geocaching.com, not a pathtag... :laughing:

Oh, even better. I don't have ANY of those. <_< Are they roughly the same cost and quality as a pathtag? If they cost more, I may need to change my trading offer. :laughing:

WOW! The pictures just don't do these tags justice. They are bigger and at least as good quality as pathtags.

I got GPX Navigators GeoTag in the mail today and I can see I need to up my offer. This is a geocoin to me. I'll trade a full set of my coins for one.

GN, You'll get your SASE back with a teaser coin, but you'll also be getting a full set (12 coins) in the mail behind it when I finish my production run this weekend.

I may be doing a GeoTag of my own as well now that I see how nice they are. Gotta see if it's in the budget though.

Of the 68 available coins I have been able to trade for 58. With 6 not being available for trade I only have 4 left to work one.

Fluttershy - (Waiting on reply)

ZSandmann - (contact made)

Rawlins Brownbag Event - ( need contact email ???????)

Hocking area Wilderness Geocachers - ( need contact email ???????)

Team Sand Dollar

Hello GeoTaggers! :laughing: Still got about a dozen of these left to trade... send me an email

0R0B0RUSGeotag02.jpg

BTW, thanks to Team Sand Dollar for publishing the list of names!

You know you want it! Let's make a trade :(

Sent you a mail on June 4th about a trade, but got no respond-guess it didn't make it.... Sending you another mail now :D

Presumably, the Atwell Family has a complete collection of the 1st GeoTag run. I know it's a long shot, but is there any chance we could get a picture of said collection? Perhaps even with GC names? I think it would be really kewl. Imagine this poster size... I would be willing to donate time to such an enterprise... :laughing:

Has anyone else managed to collect every GeoTag? TSD?

BTW, still have some of mine left to trade...

Presumably, the Atwell Family has a complete collection of the 1st GeoTag run. I know it's a long shot, but is there any chance we could get a picture of said collection? Perhaps even with GC names? I think it would be really kewl. Imagine this poster size... I would be willing to donate time to such an enterprise... :laughing:

Has anyone else managed to collect every GeoTag? TSD?

BTW, still have some of mine left to trade...

I have a bunch so far... I'll have to count tomorrow. But the poster idea is actually a cool idea. I'll see what I can come up with for the pictures I have at this time.

I LOVE GeoTags, and would like some made, but am artistically challenged. Is there anyone that has some time (and patience) to help me? Payment would probably come in the form of LE, XLE, AE geocoins if that's ok.... :lol::lol:

*Edited to state what kind of geocoins are up for grabs....

Edited by Cheesy pigs