Iowa Geocachers Site

gis6685

Thanks for the thread EM....

The Iowa Geocachers Organization hosts several events a year, helps private organizations with events and our forums are fairly active. The web site has a list of upcoming events throughout the state, a list of members favorite caches and geocaching policy information for most of our 99 counties.

The IGO is open to anyone interested in geocaching in Iowa. We have no formal boundaries (for most things), everyone is welcome!

Windchill -

I've been trying to get set up at the IGO and have had some sort of error. I tried emailing the board or contacting the group (I'm not at my home computer to check to see who I contacted) and haven't heard back. Before I try to set up an account again, I want to be sure my old one disappeared. Can you help? :)

Thanks!

Can someone please PM or e-mail me the contact info. for the admin at IGO? Apparently my account was wiped out there due to the spammer issue and not having my profile set correctly and I have since re-registered, but received no confirmation of my registration and I can't see any contact info. on their website.

Thanks.

Can someone please PM or e-mail me the contact info. for the admin at IGO? Apparently my account was wiped out there due to the spammer issue and not having my profile set correctly and I have since re-registered, but received no confirmation of my registration and I can't see any contact info. on their website.

Thanks.

There is a 'contact' page at http://www.iowageocachers.org/contacts.php

But If your having some sort of website issue you'll end up needing to talk to Summit Dweller

Your problem sounds like its related to this.

Basically it says, "Put 'Geocaching' your interests, or your account may be tagged as potential spammer...".

In another thread, gis6685 asked a similar question. I figured Id answer here to keep them all together.

Windchill -

I've been trying to get set up at the IGO and have had some sort of error. I tried emailing the board or contacting the group (I'm not at my home computer to check to see who I contacted) and haven't heard back. Before I try to set up an account again, I want to be sure my old one disappeared. Can you help? :(

There isnt usually any problem getting registered on the main web site, however the forums require a seperate registration.

We have had a lot of spammers on the forums so, as welch said, you need to put the word "geocaching" in the Interests section when you create your forum account. Otherwise the account will automatically be deleted. We appologize for this hassle, but it has virtually eliminated the spammers (at least for now).

Windchill -

I've been trying to get set up at the IGO and have had some sort of error. I tried emailing the board or contacting the group (I'm not at my home computer to check to see who I contacted) and haven't heard back. Before I try to set up an account again, I want to be sure my old one disappeared. Can you help? :(

Thanks!

Ive added your question, and a response, to the Iowa Geocachers Site thread.