Geocoin Chat Link?

tsunrisebey

I see that the link to the gecoin chat was removed and the thread was closed down. The only note was that Groundspeak said to close it.

I was wondering why the link was removed and the thread shutdown? Could we get a bit more clarification on this matter, please. I know we have held many geocoin contests and there have been plenty of coin discussions.

Thanks,

tsun

I see that the link to the gecoin chat was removed and the thread was closed down. The only note was that Groundspeak said to close it.

I was wondering why the link was removed and the thread shutdown? Could we get a bit more clarification on this matter, please. I know we have held many geocoin contests and there have been plenty of coin discussions.

Thanks,

tsun

This one?

<link removed by moderator>

Edited by Eartha

No explanation? If there was a problem that GS saw why wasn't it addressed before taking such drastic measures? Maybe it was a situation that could have been resolved if the problem was discussed in an "open" forum. This was dealt with very poorly. My guess is that someone came in to the chat lurking and saw something they "personally" didn't like and cried to GS about it, maybe not. In any case as it stand now I guess all anyone beside the folks at GS can do is guess so that is mine.

I sent a PM to CinemaBoxers with an explanation on why the thread was closed. Groundspeak wants to check it out more thoroughly. We are in discussion and not all in the same time zone. Be patient. Groundspeak let me post the link on my recommendation, and perhaps I jumped the gun and didn't check it out thoroughly enough. Thing were brought to their attention that deserve a closer look. So, while it is in discussion, I removed the link at the request of Groundspeak.

The thread was closed, because the link was removed and the thread really had already served it's purpose. There is no need for there to be a thread to post: I'm in, I'm in, are you in, yeah I'm in how, about you, are you in? It's redundant. Closing a thread is not a drastic measure. That's an overreaction.

The chat link is not gone, it's just not linked to on the www.geocaching.com forum pages right now. How in the world could I remove a website I have no rights or access to?

In the meantime, if you didn't bookmark the page, someone surely can send you the link, if you ask them. After Groundspeak looks at it more, and discusses it with the people who are running the site, then it will be decided to link or not to link.

Now, I'll be closing this thread too, with the explanation that I've explained it. Rome wasn't built in a day. Please be patient.