Getting a Cache Published

Fort S

I submitted two caches for listing on Friday and was wondering if anyone knows how long it usually takes to get it listed. I haven't seen any new caches published for Ontario since Thurs.

Any suggestions on how to make the process easier for the reviewer would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

I submitted two caches for listing on Friday and was wondering if anyone knows how long it usually takes to get it listed. I haven't seen any new caches published for Ontario since Thurs.

Any suggestions on how to make the process easier for the reviewer would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

It depends on your reviewer (if the volunteer is busy or something) but typically within a week.

Submitting a cache on Friday is kind of tough too. The site still slows down a bit on the weekend because of the volume of traffic. Cache review is even harder because instead of just bringing up one page, we have to bring up several other cache pages and check multiple waypoints and stuff like that. I have also noticed that lately the maps from other web services are dragging too (like Google, oddly enough). I am sure your cache will be reviewed in a couple of days though.

Despite any jokes, normally things get published within 72 hours approximately (according to the emails I've received) but usually it is faster than that. However, that is still the cited expectation of around 72 hours.

Although I will certainly agree that Cache-Tech deserves to enjoy the weekend too, I can only imagine what piles up and has to be gone through on Monday-Tuesday. I give CT, CA and I guess MTN-MAN too (:D) credit for being as fast as they are. If my PQ's are any indication of growth in Ontario, we are just entering the Cache Placing Season...

Patience is usually the best way, as everyone has a life outside of Geocaching (well, most people anyway), but I would be surprised if any listing wasn't addressed within a week.

:D The Blue Quasar

Edited by The Blue Quasar