New Members

mtfc94

what to do and how to do it.

please reply quickly because i have saw there is one at the f'pit muesem on the website and i would like to do that one in a hour

michael

ps how do you get you picture in the top right corner

Edited by mtfc94

I have checked and the f'pit is just over the road and the only thing i know is other people who arent us cant see me.

Also i am very new so i hardly know a thing

Michael

The F Pit is by our very good friends broadsword and is in Washington, about 15 miles from us

Michael do you have a GPSr?

Mandy :D

okay thanks one more thing how do you get a picture

Firstly, you may want to look at the 'getting started' link on geocaching.com, there's loads of info there.

Do you mean how do you get a picture here on the forums? If so -

1. Go to www.geocaching.com and make sure youa re signed in.

2. Click 'My Account' on the left-hand side.

3. Click 'Edit my profile' under Account Options on the right.

4. Add as much info as you would like about yourself.

5. Scroll down to where it says 'virtual you', and it should let you choose an Avatar (picture).

I have checked and the f'pit is just over the road and the only thing i know is other people who arent us cant see me.

Also i am very new so i hardly know a thing

Michael

The F Pit is by our very good friends broadsword and is in Washington, about 15 miles from us

Michael do you have a GPSr?

Mandy :D

what is a GPSr?

michael

1. Go to www.geocaching.com and make sure youa re signed in.

2. Click 'My Account' on the left-hand side.

3. Click 'Edit my profile' under Account Options on the right.

4. Add as much info as you would like about yourself.

5. Scroll down to where it says 'virtual you', and it should let you choose an Avatar (picture).

6. Click on the forums link on the sidebar of the main website. - This updates your account on the forums.

A GPSr is a global positioning system reciever. They include things such as TomToms, mobile phones with GPS chips, and handheld devices designed for outdoor use such as the eTrex:

garmin-etrex.jpg

Edited by Edgemaster

Basically, geocaching is a bit like a ‘treasure hunt’, in which people use GPS receivers (satellite tracking devices) to locate hidden boxes. Sometimes, if you’re lucky, you can use the clues to discover the boxes (called ‘geocaches’) without using a GPSr.

The boxes usually contain items like keyrings or small toys, and the idea is that you take an item out, and leave another item of equal or greater value in its place. The geocache also has a log book inside, in which you write your usename, the date you found it and any comments you have.

You then go to the Geocaching website and log your find on the geocache’s own page. :D

PS. Thank you Edgemaster, forgot that bit. :D

Edited by ryme-intrinseca

Thanks for all of your help and do you just add your findings in you account dont you

Hello, welcome to the addiction.

You need to log your visit by clicking on the top button of the navigation pane at the top right of a cache page.

This opens the New Log Window and in the drop down there is an option to class the log as "Found it"

I think I got all that right, if I didn't someone will soon tell us :):D

Again, Welcome,

Eckington

PS Stag! as a lifelong Spireite I shouldn't even be seen talking to you :):D:DB):D:D

Its football! Stags- Mansfield Town

Spireites - Chesterfield.

speaking of which well done for scoring Sheffield United's third goal on Saturday John, that should see them safe.

PS Stag! as a lifelong Spireite I shouldn't even be seen talking to you B)B):D:)B):D

OT - What is that all about? :)

Its football! Stags- Mansfield Town

Spireites - Chesterfield.

speaking of which well done for scoring Sheffield United's third goal on Saturday John, that should see them safe.

PS Stag! as a lifelong Spireite I shouldn't even be seen talking to you :):(:):):lol::)

OT - What is that all about? :lol:

All i can say is im proud to be one