What are 2 GB microSD cards going for these days?

Fan4

I need to give in and buy a 2 GB card. I just got back from a business trip...realized when I got there that I'd forgotten to load that city's map (I'm still working w/ the orig 64 mb card). I do a fair amount of travel around the states and would like to load all of the CNv8 U.S. maps so I don't have to worry about this again. Any help is appreciated in finding the cheapest 2 gig card out there. Thanks

I need to give in and buy a 2 GB card. I just got back from a business trip...realized when I got there that I'd forgotten to load that city's map (I'm still working w/ the orig 64 mb card). I do a fair amount of travel around the states and would like to load all of the CNv8 U.S. maps so I don't have to worry about this again. Any help is appreciated in finding the cheapest 2 gig card out there. Thanks

Amazon had a Sandisk 2GB micro for $23.60 this morning.

http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-MiniSD-Secu...9636214-3664615

That one is only $23.99 which I think is cheap. If you really want to bargain shop for the absolute cheapest (to the penny) I'd recommend trying Froogle (by the fine people at Google). www.froogle.com

Jared

Careful. That is a MINI SD Card. The Garmin devices use a MICRO SD Card. Also note that the sellers illustrated in this discussion are third party Amazon sellers, and typically their shipping charges are 25% of the cost of the SD Card. Don't believe me? Attempt to purchase one, and after about 5 pages, you will come to the page that shows a $7.49 shipping charge.

http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-MiniSD-Secu...9636214-3664615

That one is only $23.99 which I think is cheap. If you really want to bargain shop for the absolute cheapest (to the penny) I'd recommend trying Froogle (by the fine people at Google). www.froogle.com

Jared

Careful. That is a MINI SD Card. The Garmin devices use a MICRO SD Card. Also note that the sellers illustrated in this discussion are third party Amazon sellers, and typically their shipping charges are 25% of the cost of the SD Card. Don't believe me? Attempt to purchase one, and after about 5 pages, you will come to the page that shows a $7.49 shipping charge.

The usual deal on eBay is $20 for 2gb microcard and $10 for shipping. On eBay you pay fees based on mechandise cost not shipping, so you have to overlook expensive shipping and just look at the price delivered. Many sellers make money off shipping to compensate for low prices. So its best to pretend the card $28 with $2 shipping. :laughing:

Correct, that is a Mini SD card. But Amazon does have the microSD cards from third party sellers. If you click on on the "New or Used" link it will show you all of the sellers and allow you to check the shipping charges and the sellers rating.

Considering these cards were selling for about $80 a month ago, it's still a bargin at $25 and the alleged "25%" shipping charge.

Considering these cards were selling for about $80 a month ago, it's still a bargin at $25 and the alleged "25%" shipping charge.

Alleged? Do you know the definition of alleged? The definition is: "To assert without or before proof." I put a proof source on my post, but you were too lazy to check it out.

What I stated was fact, it was not alleged.

Here is an example: SanDisk 2GB MicroSD from "Straight Trading, Inc." via Amazon. $24.69 before shipping. Shipping charge is $6.95, which is 28.15% of the cost of the MicroSD Card.

Here is another example: SanDisk 2GB MicroSD from "Tech4bargains" via Amazon. $26.95 before shipping. Shipping charge is $7.49, which is 27.79% of the cost of the MicroSD Card.

Edited by Barrikady

I think alleged would have a negative connotation here since what he is saying is that "I would have to check out what you said before I agree with it". Its not overtly derogatory but I can see where one might feel slighted. I use alleged in a humorous way sometimes.

In any case I think this one should slide on by.

Alleged isn't a dirty word. We took you at your word, but it's still alleged by him because it wasn't worth the time to look it up. He was simply quoting you without verification.

There are many overly-sensitive folks on this board.

I see. Thank you for your clarification.

Alleged? Do you know the definition of alleged? The definition is: "To assert without or before proof." I put a proof source on my post, but you were too lazy to check it out.

What I stated was fact, it was not alleged.

Here is an example: SanDisk 2GB MicroSD from "Straight Trading, Inc." via Amazon. $24.69 before shipping. Shipping charge is $6.95, which is 28.15% of the cost of the MicroSD Card.

Here is another example: SanDisk 2GB MicroSD from "Tech4bargains" via Amazon. $26.95 before shipping. Shipping charge is $7.49, which is 27.79% of the cost of the MicroSD Card.

It was 10:15 PM and, no, I did not get out my dictionary (which you obviously did). I am sincerely sorry if I hurt your feelings.

However, when do you EVER see a shipping charge of less than $5.00 anymore? Jeez, considering the point that these cards were $80.00+the dreaded shipping (which would still be the quoted charges listed above) within the last couple of months, I still believe that it is an incredible bargin.

I ended up buying a 2gb card thru Amazon (Blue Proton?) for $31.45. I'm in the middle of downloading basically the southern half of the US (159 maps for 856mb)...how long should this take? It's looking like it's going to take about an hour and a half according to my pc.

Is this normal? I understand one of the issues with the counterfeits is slow downloads. Can anyone let me know how long it took them to download this number of maps.

Thanks