Garmin Mapsource "Avoidance" Issue

Garmin Mapsource/CN8 Avoidance Question.

Has anyone figured out a way to get the “Avoidance” information to transfer to the GPSr? I am not talking about avoiding carpool lanes, U-Turns and such, but rather the advanced feature of avoiding certain roads or areas. In Mapsource this function works and will route around the area or avoid the road in question.

However when I transfer to the GPSr (76Cx) it does not seem to send the “Avoidance” information.

I have contacted Garmin and they have not been able to answer this, but I thought that some of the clever individuals out here might have figured it out. Thanks for any info.

Edited by PhntmArcher

Garmin Mapsource/CN8 Avoidance Question.

Has anyone figured out a way to get the “Avoidance” information to transfer to the GPSr? I am not talking about avoiding carpool lanes, U-Turns and such, but rather the advanced feature of avoiding certain roads or areas. In Mapsource this function works and will route around the area or avoid the road in question.

However when I transfer to the GPSr (76Cx) it does not seem to send the “Avoidance” information.

I have contacted Garmin and they have not been able to answer this, but I thought that some of the clever individuals out here might have figured it out. Thanks for any info.

You'll need to create via points to force the unit's routing to go where you want it to.

I have tried that. That will work only when I have the time to sit down and create a detailed route in Mapsource and then transfer it to the unit. I have dozens of customers around the Chicago area and since they have started a large construction project on one of the major expressways (a 3 year project) I want to avoid it if possible. When I leave one customer and want to navigate to another, the unit will not recognize that I want to avoid the that particular section of the expressway and send right on it.

I have tried that. That will work only when I have the time to sit down and create a detailed route in Mapsource and then transfer it to the unit. I have dozens of customers around the Chicago area and since they have started a large construction project on one of the major expressways (a 3 year project) I want to avoid it if possible. When I leave one customer and want to navigate to another, the unit will not recognize that I want to avoid the that particular section of the expressway and send right on it.

The 76Cx doesn't support road avoidence.

For the units that do, I don't think the avoidence areas you set up in mapsource get transfered to the gps, you would have to set up the same avoidences in the unit as well.

The 76Cx doesn't support road avoidence.

For the units that do, I don't think the avoidence areas you set up in mapsource get transfered to the gps, you would have to set up the same avoidences in the unit as well.

I have noticed, on the 60cxs any ways, that if you just drive past where it tells you to turn or go it will at first find a place for you to u-turn, if you bypass that it will create a whole new route based upon the road you chose.