Caching and Camping

Berta Nick Zoey

Seems like a perfect fit to me. Since we got into caching last year. we've gone on 4 camping trips for the purpose of getting to different areas of the Northwest to cache. Leavensworth, Beverly, Goldendale to name a few. Has anyone ever tried to create a camping/caching group? 4 years ago I got into ATV riding and met everyone that I ride with online. We ended up forming a camping group that at times has taken 20 spots at a campground. Im just curious as to if there would be the same interest in cache/camping.

I started a series of Hike of the Month last year, and last September was our first camping hike. In and out in two days with Criminal, SquareBear and myself.

This year with Hike of the Month 2007, there are at least 2 planned overnighters. The first one will be attempting French Peak which will not be for teh faint of heart, but on the way are two great caches for those that haven't done the Boulder River trail up in Darrington.

We will also be planning a hike to Three Fingers which will also be an overnighter as it is an overly long round trip hike and we like to enjoy the views instead of being in a big rush.

So if you're into hiking and don't mind packing into areas, please feel free to watch the thread and join us!

That'll be a surefire hit - just look at the attendance for the WSGA campouts. "If you organize it, they will come." :laughing:

You should look into the WSGA campout it's always a blast. There is also a campout before/after the Spring Fling this year (May 5).

We've camped a few times so we could attend events that would be a bit to far a drive for a day trip. Makes a nice relaxing weekend and we get to cache in an area we don't visit often.

Camping? Backpacks? I do suppose there are different styles of camping. And when i go camping I use a backpack. I throw it on when I leave the RV!! LOL.

Now that the subject has been brought up, if anyone has ideas as to where to camp, as far as campground size, facilities and most important of all cache density, lets keep the thread going and maybe we can get a few groups together to go camping.

My wife and myself want to explore areas of Washington that we havent been to in our 50 years here and with caches everywhere its a great reason to go to places we've never been.