Choose preferred coordinate system for finding caches

DENelson83

When I view the details page for a geocache, such as http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC116GF (one of mine), the coordinates presented to me are in degrees and decimal minutes, as well as UTM coordinates. I primarily use degrees, minutes and decimal seconds during my geocaching adventures, and I'd like to be able to view the coordinates of the caches I'm looking for in that format (DDDMMSS.S). Could you allow individual users to view cache coordinates in their preferred system on geocaching.com's cache details page?

First of all that change is a format change not a coordinate system. Second - of you use a Pocket Query to load the coords into your GPS - you can have your GPS display them in any format you choose.

And how would I do that with a Garmin eTrex Vista?

edit - Never mind. I already just found out that MapSource handles .loc and .gpx files. :D

Edited by DENelson83

First of all that change is a format change not a coordinate system. Second - of you use a Pocket Query to load the coords into your GPS - you can have your GPS display them in any format you choose.

And how would I do that with a Garmin eTrex Vista?

edit - Never mind. I already just found out that MapSource handles .loc and .gpx files. :D

Mapsource is fine, but also have a look at GSAK