60csx Ram-Mount

Anyone using the ram-mount on their 60 series find it difficult to remove the gps? I find it takes a lot of work to remove the gps and was worried that I would break off the 'knob' on the back of the gps that the mount snaps onto. Any tips, suggestions for making this easier? :huh:

Anyone using the ram-mount on their 60 series find it difficult to remove the gps? I find it takes a lot of work to remove the gps and was worried that I would break off the 'knob' on the back of the gps that the mount snaps onto. Any tips, suggestions for making this easier? :huh:

You can file down the tab on the mount that fits in the groove of the knob. You can make it as tight or loose as you like depending on how much you file off.

Also, it may not be obvious, but the way to remove the unit is to put your thumb on the tab at the very top, and the side of your forefinger on the back of the "arm" and flex the arm backwards. While doing that, pull the top of the unit forward.

Edited by Prime Suspect