micro ammo cans

thumbs1

hey i just found them at http://shop.spacecoastgeocachers.com/produ...mp;productId=39 they are like 12.00 in my mind that's a lot for something so small.

Small yes, expensive NO. Considering the amount of labour that goes into creating one of these and the price of copper today it's actually a pretty reasonable cost. I picked up a couple of these for local hides. I've got them well hidden and it is giving one particular cacher absolute fits because when you read the description, people think its a full size ammo can! She's gonna kill me when she actually finds it! :D

Go to the source - he sells them for $12 which is 95 cents cheaper than the resellers.

http://www.greathides.com/page050.html

hey i just found them at http://shop.spacecoastgeocachers.com/produ...mp;productId=39 they are like 12.00 in my mind that's a lot for something so small.

Small yes, expensive NO. Considering the amount of labour that goes into creating one of these and the price of copper today it's actually a pretty reasonable cost. I picked up a couple of these for local hides. I've got them well hidden and it is giving one particular cacher absolute fits because when you read the description, people think its a full size ammo can! She's gonna kill me when she actually finds it! :D

Go to the source - he sells them for $12 which is 95 cents cheaper than the resellers.

http://www.greathides.com/page050.html

Wow. Can't believe they actually posted a picture of a TB with the Tracking Number clearly visible. Looking at that TB's page, at least a few people have taken advantage of the pic and logged the discovery.

Edited by UncleJimbo

i have one of those mini metal ones here at home. it gives people absolute fits looking for it.

"searched everywhere. no ammo can in sight. must have been muggled"

its right across from our house, so after every dnf log, we go out, check on it, and post on the cache page, that yes indeed it is still there. its a great cache.

Ammo1a.jpg

I found this topic while searching for a place to buy the tiny metal ammo cans. I had gotten one off of Ebay recently, however, there are not anymore listed on Ebay and I can't find anymore. This ammo can is extremely tiny, looks like a replica of a .30 cal can, and has a geocacher symbol (the G with the plus) on each side of it. Does anyone know where I can find these?

Ammo1a.jpg

I found this topic while searching for a place to buy the tiny metal ammo cans. I had gotten one off of Ebay recently, however, there are not anymore listed on Ebay and I can't find anymore. This ammo can is extremely tiny, looks like a replica of a .30 cal can, and has a geocacher symbol (the G with the plus) on each side of it. Does anyone know where I can find these?

That was me listing that. They are hard to find. They are made overseas for large scale action figures and sets. The reason they are so hard to find is because they are not sold individually. Sometimes companies will get the sets and break them down and part them out. That's about the only time you can get them and that is rare. The "G" logo is something i add to them myself.

Wow. Can't believe they actually posted a picture of a TB with the Tracking Number clearly visible. Looking at that TB's page, at least a few people have taken advantage of the pic and logged the discovery.

Believe.

"Go ahead and use the tracking number and "Descover" this coin." << Believe that too. The company has it posted right under the picture with the tracking number.

:ph34r:

~*

Believe.

"Go ahead and use the tracking number and "Descover" this coin." << Believe that too. The company has it posted right under the picture with the tracking number.

:)

~*

Whats the point of a micro? Whats happening to the real cache? My area is loaded with park and grab micros. Not a whole lot of planning and effort involved.

I bought a few of these about 6 months ago on eBay. Mine were metal with fully working hinges and latch. They were accessories for 12 inch action figures (1/6 scale). I just did an eBay search for "action figure ammo box" and had 6 hits - a few were the plastic GI Joe versions and a few were the detailed metal type.

I found two of the GI Joe versions in my box of old GI Joe stuff still at mother house.However I used it in my christmas village forrest.

:laughing: Here is where I get mine. http://www.crazycaches.com/

I get some of mine from there too. That's where I get some of my creative containers from. Amazingly, I haven't used any of them yet, but that is partially due to the fact that I am waiting for it to warm up a bit. The others, well, sometimes I make other ones. Anyways if you want some creative and crazy caches, visit that site, and see what you think. Thanks, and have a great day. gwf P.S. The cache in the photo right now is one of my own caches that I have made. If the photo that is howing is the wrong one, then go to my gallery on my profile. Thanks. :rolleyes:;):D

Edited by greenworldfeather

You can buy micro ammo can cache containers from Geoswag.com as well. They even sell Dutch, Czech, and German versions in addition to English.

http://shop.geoswag.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/geocache.html

I couldn't see anything different about the Dutch, Czech, or German versions from the English version other than the language used to print the label. They're not really small scale replicas of ammo cans from those countries.

When we speak of the Ammo can (or Ammo box) here I think most assume we're talking about Ammo cans for the U.S. Military but I've often wondered what ammo cans from the military in other countries look like. Here, for example, is a photo of a German MG3 Style ammo can (note the recessed handles):

mg3can.jpg

And here's a Russian ammo can (note, that it's sealed and requires a "can opener")

a6e1f6517df15bfc6d37348ec98d.jpg

You can buy micro ammo can cache containers from Geoswag.com as well. They even sell Dutch, Czech, and German versions in addition to English.

http://shop.geoswag.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/geocache.html

I couldn't see anything different about the Dutch, Czech, or German versions from the English version other than the language used to print the label. They're not really small scale replicas of ammo cans from those countries.

When we speak of the Ammo can (or Ammo box) here I think most assume we're talking about Ammo cans for the U.S. Military but I've often wondered what ammo cans from the military in other countries look like. Here, for example, is a photo of a German MG3 Style ammo can (note the recessed handles):

mg3can.jpg

And here's a Russian ammo can (note, that it's sealed and requires a "can opener")

a6e1f6517df15bfc6d37348ec98d.jpg

That Russian can would make for an interesting cache.

And, yes, the Geoswag caches are simply American style cans with the writing in different languages.