GC Element Geocoin

J10fly

Here is a design I had been working on for a little while. Not only is it a nice heavy coin but it is a nice way to show someone not familiar with Geocaching a coin and a nice explanation into what geocaching is! This coin should be available in about a week 1/2 to 2 weeks through Geoswag.com! These will be trackable with their own icon which I am presently working on. Feel free to email me if you haven't already to get on my email list for my updates and future coin releases. Here are some photos of the samples:

Reg Edition = Antique Copper Sand Blasted

LE = Antique Bronze Sand Blasted

Reg:

GeoElement-AntCopperSandBla.jpg

LE:

GeoElement-AntBronzeSandBla.jpg

Jayman11

Yeah...will you be selling any yourself?

If not, will you shoot us an email for a heads-up on the sale?

I will have a very small batch of my own that of the regular and le's and also a handful (25) of XLE versions that only I will have. :huh:

Jayman11

Yeah...will you be selling any yourself?

If not, will you shoot us an email for a heads-up on the sale?

I will have a very small batch of my own that of the regular and le's and also a handful (25) of XLE versions that only I will have. :rolleyes:

Jayman11

What "Flavor" will the XLE be made in? :rolleyes:

CF30

2-tone. :laughing:

Jayman11

I will probably pick up this coin but curiosity has the best of me-

Where did you come up with the Atomic Number & Weight?? Usually what look like random numbers have meaning to the artist... just curious

512 references a rare coin from 512 BC called a Hemidrachm with a lions head on one side and bull on the other. (Just a neat rare coin)

581.9 = 581 AD was the year Yang Chien(Wen Ti)/ Sui Dynasty unified China again and the 9 is the nine years it took him to accomplish this. (Coins being made in China, thought this was a neat addition)

Jayman11

I like the idea, but the Atomic # and Weight are weird to me. I think something like 1227 and 1575 (The center Frequencies of the GPS L1 and L2 band in MHz) would be more recognizable and meaningful. But since you're already WAY down this road, maybe next time.

Also, I do like the copper.

I like the idea, but the Atomic # and Weight are weird to me. I think something like 1227 and 1575 (The center Frequencies of the GPS L1 and L2 band in MHz) would be more recognizable and meaningful. But since you're already WAY down this road, maybe next time.

Thank you! and Thank you for picking on me. :laughing:

Jayman11

Thank you! and Thank you for picking on me. :laughing:

Jayman11

Sorry. I guess I let my critical side get the best of me and just zeroed in on that one thing. Overall, I do like the idea. It's got originality going for it, and it looks nice too.

Oh wow.. That looks to be an awesome coin. Add me to a list if there is one, I'm in for at least one. If no list, I'll just check from time to time. I hope I don't miss this one like I have a few others. Awesome coin! I can't wait!

-Hybridgeek

Thank you! Just shoot me an email and i will add you if you arent already on there!

Jayman11

I like the coin (I prefer antique metal coins with very little color) and I'd be interested in the Copper, pending cost. I can't commit to buying one until I know how much I'll be paying. Did that not long ago and felt very guilty when I didn't follow through with a purchase because of the high cost. I also didn't notice the size, did I miss that?

I like the coin (I prefer antique metal coins with very little color) and I'd be interested in the Copper, pending cost. I can't commit to buying one until I know how much I'll be paying. Did that not long ago and felt very guilty when I didn't follow through with a purchase because of the high cost. I also didn't notice the size, did I miss that?

Don't worry, no preorder anyway. The cost will definately be under the $10 mark, not sure on the exact yet. As for the size it is a 1.75" coin.

Jayman11

Any word on the availability of these coins? Are they going to be available on another site than geoswag? I've been checking, but they haven't appeared so far and it's been a few weeks, so I just thought I'd check. Any updates?

Thanks,

Hybridgeek

They should be here in the next week or so. From what i understand there is a holiday right now over there which has put a delay in the shipment so I will find out more Monday.

Jayman11

Any word on the availability of these coins? Are they going to be available on another site than geoswag? I've been checking, but they haven't appeared so far and it's been a few weeks, so I just thought I'd check. Any updates?

Thanks,

Hybridgeek

They should be here in the next week or so. From what i understand there is a holiday right now over there which has put a delay in the shipment so I will find out more Monday.

Jayman11

That was a short week, :laughing::laughing: