GSAK

We had to purchase a new HP Pavilion Notebook with VISTA. Now, we can't get GSAK to load waypoints to the GPS'rs. Setup seems to allow only COM3 and all we can find on here is COM4. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Is there a simple solution I'm overlooking? Thanks in advance.

I'm not an expert for sure but here are a couple of things. I don't know how your GPSr hooks up to your laptop so im throwing out these two things.

First, your laptop probably doesn't have a serial port so you'll have to have a serial to usb adaptor to use GPSrs that hook up that way. The drivers work weird on these sometimes so you may have to relaod them. If it's an old serial to usb adaptor like mine then there may be a possibility that it won't even work with vista.

Second, if your GPSr does use the USB port then you need to make sure you setup GSAK properly. In this case, be sure to check the USB box in GSAK's GPSr setup.

There are also some changes that Vista made that affects how programs work. If you did a new install you should have seen the note about installing to C:\GSAK instead of (the original) C:|Program Files\GSAK. There's also some stuff with run with Admin rights. Probably the best place to get it sorted out is at GSAK Forums.