Cincinnati Visit May 1-4

CENT5

I'm going to be in Cincinnati May 1th thru the 4th to attend CFM school. I will be free in the evenings and would enjoy doing a little exploring. I'll be free T/W/Th evenings. I believe the training is in Evandale but can confirm that when I get more info. Any advise for quality/variety of caches that can be done in the evening would be appreciated.

OT here: My buddy here at work just informed me that I HAVE to try the Cincinnati chili. Any recommended spots for that near Evandale?

Thanks for your help :huh:

I'm going to be in Cincinnati May 1th thru the 4th to attend CFM school. I will be free in the evenings and would enjoy doing a little exploring. I'll be free T/W/Th evenings. I believe the training is in Evandale but can confirm that when I get more info. Any advise for quality/variety of caches that can be done in the evening would be appreciated.

OT here: My buddy here at work just informed me that I HAVE to try the Cincinnati chili. Any recommended spots for that near Evandale?

I don't live near enough to come caching during the week, but if you get a chance, you ought to check out:

Jungle Jim's Market Inc

5440 Dixie Hwy, Fairfield, OH

http://www.junglejims.com/

It is a really cool grocery store! I guarantee you haven't seen a store like it before! Foods & alcohol from all over the world. You can buy buffalo, rattlesnake, osterich, elk, and anything else you can think of.

Looks like it is about 8 miles from Evendale.

As for Cincinnati-style chili, check out any Skyline or Goldstar Chili restaurant. They are very similar in my opinion. Maybe some Cincinattians (is that a word?) can chime in and offer more assistance. There should be plenty of them all around wherever you are.

Although I don't live close enough to help out with good caches, I highly recommend steering clear of Skyline Chili or anything that tastes like Skyline Chili. Bleh, bleh, and double bleh! If I were you, I'd pack a few Founder's pizzas from The Rock and bring 'em to Ohio with me. Okay, I probably wouldn't really do that but I love those pizzas!

Although I don't live close enough to help out with good caches, I highly recommend steering clear of Skyline Chili or anything that tastes like Skyline Chili. Bleh, bleh, and double bleh! If I were you, I'd pack a few Founder's pizzas from The Rock and bring 'em to Ohio with me. Okay, I probably wouldn't really do that but I love those pizzas!

No- you have to try the chili if you come here. It's an experience you don't want to miss. There are chili experts here who can tell you the subtle differences between GoldStar, Skyline, and any other Cincinnati chili. It has to do with the cinnamon and the cocoa.

Montgomery Inn ribs are legendery as well as Graeters ice cream.

There is an active caching organization here-Ohio Kentucky Indiana Cachers (www.OKIC.org) full of friendly people who would be happy to show you around Cincinnati.

Coleen

the wild road

:huh:;)

:huh:;)

I used to have a micro right outside the entrance to Jungle Jim's. I thought Web-ling might put one out there again. If he doesn't; I'll put it out again.

There are several caches in the area. 45013 - that's Hamilton zip code....Fairfield (Jungle Jim's) is just down the highway.

Ditto to the recommendation on visiting Jungle Jim's...it's a treat.

Cent,

While I would never claim that it is a "must do", I own this cache in the Evandale area. It might be a good place to start.

Feel free to contact me, and I or another local cacher would likely be able to meet you, play tour guide, or simply offer some advice for your stay.

Safe travels.

Thanks for all the helpful info.

My schedule has firmed up a bit. I arrive IND 30 APR at 10AM and will be driving to Springdale. (I will have worked and flown all night so I don't know how much fun I will be.) Classes run until 4PM every day and I'm basicly free T/W/Th evenings. Friday after class I am headed to IND to spend the night there as that is where I will be flying into/out of. I suspect I will get out of class early Friday and should be in IND by 4-5PM

Edited by CENT5