Waterproofing the new Life Savers Fruit Tarts candy tin.

Jeonlyep

The problem is that it's not obvious how you open and close these types of containers. It's just a matter of time until someone just pulls the top off, instead of depressing the middle of the lid to spread the tines apart. Then they'll bend the tines trying to get it back on.

And yes, I've seen people do exactly that.

The problem is that it's not obvious how you open and close these types of containers. It's just a matter of time until someone just pulls the top off, instead of depressing the middle of the lid to spread the tines apart. Then they'll bend the tines trying to get it back on.

And yes, I've seen people do exactly that.

You're right, that could be an issue.

Thats kind of sad realy it says how to open it right on it... I have to admit I bought one just incase when I saw them in the store.. They were yummy.

Yes, but after painting it for camo, that information most likely not still be available..

So it might be best to eat a lot of candy so that you can have a replacement ready to go...

The problem is that these tins will still have a Life Saver Fruit Tart-y smell. Which will attract the attention of diverse animals, who will happily chew up the caches to get at what is smelling so nice inside!

A few bleach rinses would cover that pretty effectively, however....I've seen more than one rice and peanut butter container that haven't been chewed up after such a bath.

Edited by KoosKoos