Night Caching-Firetacks Anyone buy these from wildtech?

I am getting ready to place a really fun mystery/night cache in my area and ordered firetacks from wildtech corp. I placed my order and they charged my credit card right away but when I check their system my order still shows pending after a week. I tried to find a contact number on their website but could only find an email adress. I emaild them two days ago and have not received an answer. I know people have ordered from them before so if you have how was your experince with them? Are they just a small operation and are slow? They seem to be the only maker of these trail markers out there.

Thanks!

They are available online at Cabela's. I live within easy driving distance of a Store, but they only had 1 pack of "Blaze" in stock (and were in no hurry to restock any style). Actually I wanted "Stealth" so that 1 pack did me no good anyhow. I see Cabela's get $1 more for "Ice" and "Blaze" than Wildtech Corp. But Cabela's does not charge a premium for "Stealth", so that looks like a better bargain. I had confirmation of shipment very quickly, and received the Tacks in about a week.

Cabela's Fire Tacks - Online

I am getting ready to place a really fun mystery/night cache in my area and ordered firetacks from wildtech corp. I placed my order and they charged my credit card right away but when I check their system my order still shows pending after a week. I tried to find a contact number on their website but could only find an email adress. I emaild them two days ago and have not received an answer. I know people have ordered from them before so if you have how was your experince with them? Are they just a small operation and are slow? They seem to be the only maker of these trail markers out there.

Thanks!

We ordered from them and had no problems. I'm thinking it took about a week or so to get them. We ordered two kinds and they threw in some samples of others as well.

:laughing: I have used reflective tacks before. I got mine from walmart and I didn't pay $10.

If you want your cache to be essentially inaccessible during daylight hours better go with the stealth type which I don't believe are available at Walmart. Just did a night cache the other "day". :lol:

Thanks!

Never used Wildtech, but recently ordered firetacks from these folks. Good price. Fast delivery. I got some of the thumb tack style and some of the push pin style.

B) I have used reflective tacks before. I got mine from walmart and I didn't pay $10.

If you want your cache to be essentially inaccessible during daylight hours better go with the stealth type which I don't believe are available at Walmart. Just did a night cache the other "day". :D

Based on price, I think I'd go the Wal-Mart route. I've been able to purchase 8 packs of the plain ole reflective tacks for 10 cents a pack, after hunting season.

As far as being able to see the tacks during the day, it all depends on how you place them and the distance from tack to tack. Come to my neck of the woods and I'll give you a good run for your money. I'm currently redesigning a night cache that will use reflective tacks and LED flashers and I'll guarantee that few if any will find it during the day.

Edited by eagletrek

I had a small issue recently with thier ordering system. It was resolved quickly though. Try contacting Linda to find out if all is well.

a portion of the email from them;

Our web host transferred to a different

web

cart format and in the process managing to reset to zero (or dummies)

all our preset things, like Paypal and International ordering, etc.

It's

been a hassle, so sorry.

Linda

WildTech

"Linda K Burch" <(Email address removed by moderator)>

Ive bought 2x from them and am quite happy overall. The stealth tacks are really great for defeating the daytime "cheaters".

Edited by mtn-man

I must say that my dealings with Linda Burch have been pleasurable, and that she seemed eager to please. I get the feeling that any delay is not intentional, but may be due to a technical glitch. She went out of her way to help me out with an international special order last week, including making arrangements to take my phone call for my order personally. I was impressed.