A Little Devon help Please!

Hello everyone.

I have a week off next week and need a day off from all the DIY I am planning to do a day of caching is planned but where???

I wanted to do some fun caches near to Exeter or there abouts. I was thinking of doing some of the Underworld series who has done them and what are they like?

To all Devon cachers what are your favourites????????

Hi Kim,

My local favourites are (in no particular order):

The Beast of Crimson Hill

The Highs and Lows of Sidmouth

Code Breaker V: CRYPTOLOGY

The Lost Treasure of Hancock & Cobley

The Cave Trolls Lair

AMADEUS

The trouble is most of these are 5*/5* and I wouldn't recommend doing any of them on your own.

You could try The Teign Valley Series or High peak and the stacks - which are great caches and a bit easier.

If you wait until the carry on camping event there is going to be a group attempt on the underworld series.

Have a great week, I hope the weather stays good for you.

Hello Kim,

Smilecrocodile and James&Lisa had a geocaching challenge yesterday in exeter city centre (which team could find the most in 5 hours). It was fantastic fun! There are several crackers, including the Bridge series, Quay Side (?) Multi cache and, my own favourite... the other St James' Park.

Have a good time, wherever you go!

Hi Kimberly,

The Teign Valley ones are really nice, and there are a million up on Dartmoor that are good just because, well, they are on Dartmoor! If you come to the Taunton event on Saturday, have a chat with us all about our favourites. Trouble is, some of them were done many many many years ago, so my memory might be a bit rusty (like my hair! hehe)

Thanks for that guys. Luckily I wont be on my own next week as Mr.Kinky has the week off too!!! I dont fancy getting stuck down a cave on my own :lol:

So how small are the caves anyway!!! I am a novice compared to you two......whats my chances???

Have started doing the (T.V) series, got two already and enjoyed those ones. I am going to the Carry On Camping event with Mr.Kinky as he is keen to do some caves and more importantly see my rear end sticking out of one also.

Thanks Tim, was thinking about Dartmoor have got a few round Haytor already but I know that the Cantors have put some new ones out. So did you ever find out what happened to your last cache tupperwear Easter bunny that you put out or is it still a mystery??? What are your favourite caches at the moment?

Hi Kim,

You could do far worse than plan a day up around Fur Tor. The Tors Of Dartmoor Series cache is not too hard to find, unlike some others in the series and Davy Boys new one is definately one of my favourites. There is also one up on top of Cut Hill where you have a wonderful 360° view of the North Moor.

Depending on your route in/out there are others you can pick up on the way but it wont be a big numbers day, tireing, yes, but very satisfying.

Whichever you choose, have a good one.

Hello Kim

So did you ever find out what happened to your last cache tupperwear Easter bunny that you put out or is it still a mystery??? What are your favourite caches at the moment?

Doing my Sherlock Holmes bit, and judging from the poo I found, I'm guessing that some riders went out between Friday noon and the cache going live on Saturday night and either kicked the cache, or a dog picked it up and somebody rehid it.

Oh - and one of the horses was lame in the front left foot, and two of the riders were wearing red socks. (OK- joking about the last bit)

Anyway - it's back in a "similar" position to the original now.......

Favourite caches at the moment are the Cantors HayTor views / Tramways set - great excursion on a sunny day!

Have fun, whatever you decide to do. :huh:

Edited by keehotee