State parks in Utah marking 50th year by hosting geocache adventure

Highpointer

This is the 50th anniversary of Utah's state park system.

As part of the celebration, the Utah Division of Parks and Recreation is hosting a statewide geocache adventure. Throughout the year, 40 state parks will offer free rental of a Magellan GPS unit to anyone who wants to play the Utah State Parks 50th Anniversary Geocache Adventure sponsored by Best Western Hotels of Utah.

Those participating will be able to explore museums and parks, exhibits, trails, shorelines and visitor centers, and find hidden geocaches. Inside each cache, visitors will find free small gifts, and if they're lucky, a limited edition 50th anniversary commemorative coin. Geocoins will be placed randomly statewide throughout the year.

Click here to read the article from the Deseret News.

I have looked in many places to find the coordinates for this hunt. The article says they are on the geocaching site but when i enter Utah State PArks only the newspaper article comes up. Where do I find the coordinates. Would like to take part in this event.

I have looked in many places to find the coordinates for this hunt. The article says they are on the geocaching site but when i enter Utah State PArks only the newspaper article comes up. Where do I find the coordinates. Would like to take part in this event.

Try "Utah State Parks" in the "Hidden By Username" field on the Hide&Seek page. That pulled them up for me. I agree the article didn't really tell you enough about how to find them, I used GSAK to get the username. :(

Thanks for posting this thread. My parents live in Hurricane, UT and I'll be visiting there with my boys this summer. She mentioned something about this, but didn't have any more information. I just did a google search and came up with this brochure pdf from the state parks website. It lists the coordinates for each park. Hope this helps.

Utah State Parks Geocache Guide - 50th Anniversary Geocache Adventure

Good luck and Happy Caching!

Quadmommy and the four boys!

:anitongue: