Garmin City Navigator DVD or CD-ROM?

I'm confused. I was set to buy City Navigator version 8 on CD-Rom and then learned that it is also on DVD. Amazon is selling the CD ROM for $107 and the DVD for $109. What is the difference, other than the type of media used? What does everyone here prefer and why? Any help would be appreciated before I drop $100+. Thanks to all!

Do they really sell City Navigator v8 on CD-ROM? It says so on the Amazon page, but I would double check... I didn't think such a beast existed and it only came on a single DVD.

Hopefully we'll find out. I e-mailed Amazon and referenced the two products. Has anyone purchased a CD ROM from Amazon for this particular software?

I didn't think such a beast existed and it only came on a single DVD.

That's what I'm thinking. 7 and later was DVD I thought.

It is. In fact, I had to install a DVD player in my computer so that I could read the disk. Needed a DVD player in it anyway and picked one up cheap from Tigerdirect.com

If it does come on CD (which I’ve never heard of) it would take 3 CD’s.

One suggestion I do have is buy the NT version if your GPS unit will support it. The NT version is compressed so you can fit more maps per same amount of memory.

I've got the Garmin 60 csx. Will it support the NT version? Seems like it should considering all of its features.

I didn't think such a beast existed and it only came on a single DVD.

That's what I'm thinking. 7 and later was DVD I thought.

Well Amazon seems to have read my email. I checked the site this morning, and now there is only 1 Garmin City Nav. product that comes up when you search, instead of the contradictory two before. They changed the product description by removing references to version 7. It now only mentions version 8. They also changed the picture of the disc cover to show, if you look real carefully, that it is a dvd. However, whomever changed it didn't read my e-mail close enough because the product heading still says "CD-ROM".