Statistics help please

Where can I find the latest info on how many cachers in how many countries please?

I've found 381,813 active caches worldwide but can't find the other stats.

Currently adding geocaching into the Geography syllabus to use with my Year 6 (10/11 yr olds).

Any idea please?? :anitongue:

Thanks

Lilian

I wish :laughing::lol::lol:

Changed to

I've found the information that there are 381, 813 caches worldwide

I'm having enough trouble trying to write up this hobby / addiction that we have ready for an inspection in school and one of the subjects they are looking at is the Geog. Last year I put in a 4 week block of work tracking our school TBs and setting up 4 micros around the school and the kids enjoyed it so much that I am repeating it. BUT I now have to write the blurb as it is my hobby and it is easier when you understand it a bit more - me and my big mouth - why didn't I just stay with the geog I was given!!!!!!(Well I did as that comes after half term) :anitongue:

Where can I find the latest info on how many cachers in how many countries please?

I've found 381,813 active caches worldwide but can't find the other stats.

Currently adding geocaching into the Geography syllabus to use with my Year 6 (10/11 yr olds).

Any idea please?? <_<

Thanks

Lilian

Try looking here and the links therein and beyond: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=160232 This suggests 1 million accounts and about 300,000 cachers active in the last 6 months.

I noticed somewhere that there were caches in 222 countries but I cannot remember where... depends how you define country but lets just say that there is at least one pretty much everywhere, including antartica. I have not found any info on where the cachers are in my quick search though.

If you want more info on the UK go to http://stats.geocacheuk.com/cachetools/ and look at the stats links on active cachers, etc: about 4000 active cachers currently,

Helen

Edited by T-girls

So if I stated 'Approximately 381,813 caches hidden in 222 countries with over 1,000,000 cacher accounts' I would be OK? With 17,142 caches 4000 active in the UK?

Thanks to all who replied - much appreciated - perhaps I'll convert the inspector as well!!!!! <_<

There about 14,000 active caches in the UK, the G:UK figure includes Archived caches. Make sure to mention Earth caches, especially as they are specifically the educational part of caching being geologically orientated.

And I'd put 98 [i believe is the correct figure] countries plus 124 Territorial areas [Jersey. Guernsey, Gibraltar and the Isle of Man are called countries by GC, but not by the UN to name some places listed as country's by GC] <_<

Just checked and I had added active cachers in my lesson plans!!!! Great minds!!!! <_<

Last year there were at least 2 in my class who were extremely interested and I even managed to show those 2 a micro when we were on a field trip or rather they showed me as they had found it on Google Earth. I was able to show them that I had signed it as a FTF.

I think in a few years when they are old enought to take themselves off it will be a hobby they have already been introduced to!! Then they can set caches fo me to find - I hope