Vista question

Maybe its me but don't know, I bought a vista and when I load a waypoint at a distance works fine but the closer I get it starts to point another way, I have to literly stop and it eventually points right, my ex 400 doesn't do this. Ive been told that it is malfunctioning. Does anyone have any input on this? I have recalibrated it and all that, downloaded updates from gamin, but still does it, this is what I want to use as a backup.

Maybe its me but don't know, I bought a vista and when I load a waypoint at a distance works fine but the closer I get it starts to point another way, I have to literly stop and it eventually points right, my ex 400 doesn't do this. Ive been told that it is malfunctioning. Does anyone have any input on this? I have recalibrated it and all that, downloaded updates from gamin, but still does it, this is what I want to use as a backup.

My Vista also does the same thing. I think it mostly gets a little interference of course from tree cover and if I am down in a canyon. When that starts to happen I usually switch to the satellite page and move with the coordinates. But the other problem I have is the date and time keeps malfunctioning. Check out my post in this same forum on that subject. I am still awaiting some feedback on this one. So far zippo!

I've noticed a small amount of "jumpiness" with mine, but nothing to concern me, or frustrate me, or slow me down. I mean, I have had to stop because I thought it was pointing a different direction a minute ago, but not all the time. Do you keep your GPS in the same position while walking, or are you letting it hang from the lanyard, then pick it up, then let it hang again, then pick it up again? I have noticed that when I do that, the pointer gets wonky until I've held it still for a bit.

Mine will do this if I need to recalibrate (which you did) or the batteries are really low.

Mine will do this if I need to recalibrate (which you did) or the batteries are really low.

I have fresh batteries, and I have recalibrated it. I dont use a lanyard. I hold it facing up.