who's the top cacher?

There really is nothing to resist. The question has been answered regarding the top cachers. The question regarding "fierce battle" is also one that can be answered. It is no. They are just having fun doing something that they really enjoy.

Any discussion beyond that is people interjecting their personal feelings, which are not relevant to the original questions in the original post. This topic can now fall off the page since it has been asked and answered. The reason topics on this question are locked is because people don't just stick to the question.

Recently the current #2 find count leader hosted an event cache to welcome the current #1 find count leader when he traveled across the country. I heard about the nice gifts they gave each other and the fun they had on a marathon caching tour of the area. Doesn't sound like a fierce competition to me. :anitongue:

Similarly, I understand that the high find count cachers in California go caching together a lot, joined in to make a geocoin together, etc. Doesn't sound like a fierce competition to me.

If you want to see "fierce competition," watch two guys with find counts of 150 and 250 go after an FTF. :laughing:

And if you want to define "top cacher," there are lots of things to consider besides find count. :lol:

Recently the current #2 find count leader hosted an event cache to welcome the current #1 find count leader when he traveled across the country. I heard about the nice gifts they gave each other and the fun they had on a marathon caching tour of the area. Doesn't sound like a fierce competition to me. <_<

Similarly, I understand that the high find count cachers in California go caching together a lot, joined in to make a geocoin together, etc. Doesn't sound like a fierce competition to me.

If you want to see "fierce competition," watch two guys with find counts of 150 and 250 go after an FTF. :unsure:

And if you want to define "top cacher," there are lots of things to consider besides find count. :o

Yes, and in that same vein, I recently received a phone call from a local cacher who was caching for the day locally with the then-third-ranked cacher (someone from out of state) and he was calling me beause they wanted the phone number (and knew that I had it) of the second-ranked cacher so that the two could meet and schmooze. I later learned from the second-ranked cacher that she had unfortunately been out in the field -- far from home -- that day, and thus had been unable to meet, but that she had managed to get together a few weeks later with the then-third-ranked cacher for a half-day and that they had a wonderful time. So, I see zero evidence of fierce competition here!

Oh, and I agree with Lep that while some folks love to rank cachers by find count, there are many things to consider other than find count.

Oh, and I agree with Lep that while some folks love to rank cachers by find count, there are many things to consider other than find count.

I prefer to measure by height which would make PNEW the top cacher that I know of at something like 6'7'' or 6'8''. <_<

If we measure by egos, I concede to Vinny. :o:unsure:

Edited by Snoogans

I prefer to measure by height which would make PNEW the top cacher that I know of at something like 6'7'' or 6'8''. :lol:

<snip>

Yes... but which cacher has the tallest hat?

Yes, and in that same vein, I recently received a phone call from a local cacher who was caching for the day locally with the then-third-ranked cacher (someone from out of state) and he was calling me beause they wanted the phone number (and knew that I had it) of the second-ranked cacher so that the two could meet and schmooze. I later learned from the second-ranked cacher that she had unfortunately been out in the field -- far from home -- that day, and thus had been unable to meet, but that she had managed to get together a few weeks later with the then-third-ranked cacher for a half-day and that they had a wonderful time. So, I see zero evidence of fierce competition here!

Similarly, I'm the 6,625th ranked cacher in the world. I got an email from the 7,836th ranked cacher when he was visiting the east coast and we got together with the 9,564th and 5.221st ranked cacher and had a wonderful time together. No fierce competetion here either.

Does Blue Deuce loose? This is post #16 and nobody has mentioned anything about cheating. You see when you make the find count a competition someone will want to know what counts as a find. If cacher number #1 has a more liberal definition than cacher #2 can we compare them? And what of all the people who never log their finds online. Where are they in the "standings"? I rank cachers by who's having the most fun.

Edited by tozainamboku

:laughing: Who honestly cares how many caches someone found. :lol: WHoopie.. :lol: good for you.. Who ever said it's about the numbers? hmm NO ONE...It's about the fun you have finding the cache. However, people have to make competitions out of everything.

Ok.. who has the greatest number of No finds?

Hook is baited.. Line is set....

Edited by The_Brownies

Does Blue Deuce loose? This is post #16 and nobody has mentioned anything about cheating. You see when you make the find count a competition someone will want to know what counts as a find. If cacher number #1 has a more liberal definition than cacher #2 can we compare them? And what of all the people who never log their finds online. Where are they in the "standings"? I rank cachers by who's having the most fun.

Yes I lose, no drama concerning the CCC word or any other angst. :lol: Guess I owe everybody a big bowl of cooked spinach with vinegar poured on top. (That’s how I like it. :laughing: )

Although that last post did get a bit angsty there, too late for me however.

edit to/too

Edited by BlueDeuce

Ok.. who has the greatest number of No finds?

That would be a local out here in California. I won't name names but he often logs citing himself as the world's worst cacher. :lol:

And I nominate myself as the world's sexiest cacher.

Edited by kealia
There really is nothing to resist. The question has been answered regarding the top cachers. The question regarding "fierce battle" is also one that can be answered. It is no. They are just having fun doing something that they really enjoy.

Any discussion beyond that is people interjecting their personal feelings, which are not relevant to the original questions in the original post. This topic can now fall off the page since it has been asked and answered. The reason topics on this question are locked is because people don't just stick to the question.

Actually, I've met TeamAlamo and he said that his entire goal is to keep on top at #1. He works pretty hard at it. Now I'm not disputing that he is also having fun - I'm just saying that there IS a "battle" of sorts. He said that he works at it in order to stay in the #1 spot.

I just looked up my name on the list - it's slightly out of date. I should be listed as tied for #3510. Hmmmmmmmm.......... it doesn't mean a thing to me. All I care about is that I have fun caching. Of course I'm not having quite as much fun as I'd like since I seem to be developing poison oak on both arms, my neck, and possibly around my eyes. Sigh.................. Trying for the FTF on a moonless night out near the river might not have been such a good idea............ :lol:

My sentiments exactly, and by that standard I Win! :lol: