Geocoin manufacturers

Caching Scout

Which comany would you suggest to make a geocoin with?: PersonGeocoins.com :huh:

Quality of work: Out standing :huh:

Speed: 4 week turn over :o

Customer Service: Couldn't ask for better :laughing:

Price: $3.57 per coin :lol:

Quality of materials: Very High :lol:

Past experiance dealing with them: I am on my 4th coin with Rusty, with a four coin set in the near future :anitongue:

Personally, I am very happy with Hogwild Stuff. I met Steve at the Geocoin fest -- we were at the final table at the Geocoin Poker event, and briefly discussed my ideas. Having worked with him and Sharon, I feel they are very professional, and very helpful. We got the artwork going, and some good quality samples in my hands rather quickly.

So far, I am very happy, and will probably do my next coins with them as well.

Oakcoins

Quality of work - Excellent

Speed - Astonishingly fast

Customer Service - Excellent

Price - Very Reasonable

Quality of materials - Good

Past experiance dealing with them - I created my first coin with them and will create my next coin with them when the time comes.

I would recommend CHQualityCoins.

I have had a really good time in the process of making my first coin.

They have been a great help with any questions and I have not had any problems.

I deal with vendors all day long and service is very important to me.

The service has been great and the time frame great.

I am fairly new to geocoins and Tom has helped me a great deal.

My thanks to Tom and those who have helped to make this coin possible!

My first coin is a special shape and it turned out great! Check it out in the forums.

"Cache Marks" The quality is excellent! :unsure:

Lifelong Oakcoins fan

Same here! I have NO reservations about Oakcoins. I have had two coins and two pins made by them, including a pin for my Red Cross Chapter.

For the Red Cross pin, I had sent them a scrawny concept made on a Paint program and I got a wonderful pin!

TheCachingPlace

Quality of work - Best place to go if looking for 3D effects on coins

Speed - Excellent

Customer Service - Excellent

Price - Excellent

Quality of materials - Definitely no lightweight (brittle feeling) coins from them, it's all heavy metal

Past experience dealing with them - I've produced two separate coins before and I'm working on a third now. It seems like they are clairvoyant when it comes to taking a coin from concept to proof.

Edited by Jake - Team A.I.

Is there anyone you would would not like to deal with again, because if past experiances?

I don't know if anyone uses them anymore, but KV coins would be the bad experience.

As you can see all of the coin manufacturers out there have their loyal customres, so it comes down to who you mesh with best, or put all their names in a hat and draw one if you can't decide.

There are several companies I would recommend. We have alot of great folks out there, and Ive been really lucky to be able to work with several on designs.

I dont think you could go wrong with most of these folks.

I see the reference to Geocoinshop was removed, so Ill toss that name in there. Does nice work, and is a great person to work with.

I would just email some of your choices, and ask some questions. Go with who gets back to you quickly, and who you can work with - along with who offers a good price!

Is there anyone you would would not like to deal with again, because if past experiances?

Yes, but I won't list them here or go into details. Feel free to email me.

Edit to add:

Why are some links removed and others aren't?

Edited by Damenace

4 out of 5 dentists prefer CoinsAndPins.com.

The fifth dentist dealt directly with a foreign mint, got the run around, encountered major communication problems, and his product didn't turn out the way he wanted.

The moral of this story is go with someone who's knowledgeable and knows the business...or your teeth will rot and fall out. :laughing:

My guess would be for promoting their own business. I guess as long as you're not promoting the business you own, you're fine to post descriptions and links.

Looking back on the editted posts that comment would make sense.

4 out of 5 dentists prefer CoinsAndPins.com.

The fifth dentist dealt directly with a foreign mint, got the run around, encountered major communication problems, and his product didn't turn out the way he wanted.

The moral of this story is go with someone who's knowledgeable and knows the business...or your teeth will rot and fall out. :laughing:

Glad to see you're still alive Yime! :rolleyes:

I have never worked with CoinsandPins, but all the coins I have from them turned out real nice.

My personal preference is thecachingplace.com. They have minted all my coins, and will mint anything I do in the future. They are fast, dependable, affordable, and honest. They will literally take a sketch on a piece of napkin and turn it into a work of art (true story - I've seen it happen from start to finish). Oh, and if you need fine 3D detail, just look at a 'Rubicon Brothers' coin, and you'll know that there is no finer 3D work in all of geoland. :rolleyes:

I've had coins done through 3 different ones.

Coins & Pins and Oakcoins I would highly recommend to anyone.

Geocoin Club / Geocoinstore / Personalcoins I will never ever deal with ever again. You can search for a thread on Unauthorized Anthus Firefighters for the details (BTW I never heard from them beyond what is in the thread). Several others have also had problems and brought them up in this forum. So, based on my experiences and the experiences of the others that have used them I would not recommend them to anyone! Very poor customer service! Non-customer friendly policies on coin copyrights and proofs!

....Anthus

My guess would be for promoting their own business. I guess as long as you're not promoting the business you own, you're fine to post descriptions and links.

That's correct.

However, because these types of threads always turn into either bashing companies or just repeating the names of the companies that are in the pinned topic above, we've decided to close these down.

We would appreciate the community's help when these new threads appear in the following two ways:

1) Please direct the OP to the pinned topic above that lists the Groundspeak approved companies

2) Report the post so that either Eartha or I can close the thread

Thank you.

- Sketti