Pennsylvania Waterfalls

alanfreed

I stumbled on this book while researching an upcoming trip to Rickett's Glen in northeastern PA, and thought I'd pass it along:

"Pennsylvania Waterfalls: A Guide for Hikers and Photographers" by Scott E. Brown

The book has great information about numerous waterfalls, along with tips for photographing them (and getting to them). What I found to be a really nice feature is that the author includes GPS coordinates for each of the falls, too!

No, I don't know the guy, I don't get a kickback from the book, yadda yadda... but thought some of you might be interested in it if you like waterfalls/photography like I do.

Rickett's Glen is awesome. I'm hoping to make a trip there next month. I think there are a few caches there too :laughing: (last time I was there was pre-geocaching). I was there in May many years ago and there were hundreds of butterflies (migrating?) lining the trails, so I want to go back around the same time :anitongue:

Oil Creek SP has some very pretty waterfalls. I believe someone said there's 4 in the park. Gregg falls was very cool. McConnell's Mills also has some nice water falls. I haven't been to Buttermilk Falls yet but that is down Armstrong County way. Can't think of any more off hand.

For what it's worth, our Pocono Shotgun Start Event 2004's theme was waterfalls of northeast PA. The shotgun brought cachers to 10 waterfalls. There are more on National Parks Lands or private property where we couldn't place caches and are worth mentioning... Raymondskill Falls, Bushkill to name a couple. All those waterfall caches are still in place.