Garmin 60cx and alarm clock.

I just read somewhere that the 60cx does NOT have an alarm clock. I used that quite often on my Legend CX, and dearly will miss it if it ain't on the 60. Great on hunting trips where you may be a little groggy in the morning for some strange reason, and the dawn doesn't wake you! Can anyone tell me for sure whether or not it has an alarm clock?

I just read somewhere that the 60cx does NOT have an alarm clock. I used that quite often on my Legend CX, and dearly will miss it if it ain't on the 60. Great on hunting trips where you may be a little groggy in the morning for some strange reason, and the dawn doesn't wake you! Can anyone tell me for sure whether or not it has an alarm clock?

No, the 60Cx does not have an alarm clock like the older 60C.

No, it does not have an alrm clock. IIRC something about the SiRF chip does not like things to work while the unit is off. So, they removed the alarm clock and the pressure trend recording (60CSx) while the unit is off.

So that's the reason. Too bad. It is a feature that I did rely on regularly, and will miss it. However, I suspect the majority of users have no use for it. I did email Garmin begging them to include the alarm clock in a future firmware update, but I guess with the sirf restrictions that won't happen. Thanks for the responses folks. Thanks for the responses folks.

Since I take my GPSr everywhere, especially when traveling, the 60C made a great travel alarm! Yeah, I miss it too. A lot of people complained about it when the Cx models came out.

I really miss having the alarm clock(I have 60cx), I used the one on my legendC all the time. I guess now I am stuck using the one in my cellphone. <_<