Now on Stock:

Swiss Non-Smoker Geocoin

(with Non-Smoker Pin)

Design by swiss Geocacher Black Box

Minted: 300 Pcs

Diameter 1.75", 3mm thick

Metall: Dyeing Black, Colors soft Enamel red-white

Glow-in-the-dark at the "Black-Box"-Side

Trackable at www.geocaching.com with own icon.

(Including activationcode)

LINK for orders

coin-swiss-nonsmoker-blackb.jpg

Yeti Brätle Geocoin

(from the swiss Yeti Brätle Eventcache)

Design by Swiss Geocacher Schlingu

Diameter 1.75", 3.5mm thick

Material: nickel-plated, soft Enamel colors

LINK for orders

coin_yetibraetle.jpg

Can't say I understand the no smoking geocoin either, but I did get a couple of the Yeti Brätle Geocoins and they are nicely done. It is a heavy coin done in nickel plating, and the 3-D of the footprints, the snow beast, and the snowflakes makes for a nice coin.

Just thought I would add my 2 cents worth

Maybe Switzerland just went Smoke Free.

hi nielsen c

in fact, the disposition in our country moves to the opinion to forbid smoking in any public buildings. (incl. bars and restaurants).

however, it is the freedom of any geocacher, to express himself with a coin.

and if this is a swiss coin, the (swiss) geocoins.CH store will offer it anyway...

regards

;)

charles.vane

Maybe Switzerland just went Smoke Free.

hi nielsen c

in fact, the disposition in our country moves to the opinion to forbid smoking in any public buildings. (incl. bars and restaurants).

however, it is the freedom of any geocacher, to express himself with a coin.

and if this is a swiss coin, the (swiss) geocoins.CH store will offer it anyway...

regards

;)

charles.vane

O, I have no problems with it either way. I used to live in Switzerland and even cached in Switzerland. If my wife would move out of the US, Switzerland is at the top of my list of places to go!

"Non-smokng geocoin" / "enjoy geocaching in Switzerland"

I guess the latter applies to only part of the population.

I'm sure that there are those who will want this geocoin and that it will sell out - and that's ok with me - but I don't expect to be a buyer or trader. I enjoy geocaching to be outdoors, to see new places, and for the challenge. It's not political for me, so I don't care about an unrelated political coin. Particularly since it is aimed against me (an occasional cigar smoker.)

What what what!!! ;):huh:;)

17.50 CHF = 14.3787 USD

I think this coin is telling us we have to stop smoking so that we can save all the cigarette money to buy this one geocoin.

EDIT: When you add in the Economy shipping to the US the total becomes....$20.75 for just the 1 coin........;):sad:

Edited by ParentsofSAM

Now on Stock:

Swiss Non-Smoker Geocoin

(with Non-Smoker Pin)

LINK for orders

OH MY GOSH!

"Ladies and gentlemen, if it hadn't long before ... geocoins have now jumped the shark!"

Jumped the sharks is right. Now that TPTB have approved this type of coin, I can see anti-race coins, anti-sexual orietation coins, etc. coming out and TPTB will have to approve them since they are no different than these coins are.

What a downward blow for Geocaching... Maybe it's time to start supporting Terracaching and give up on GC.com

Now on Stock:

Swiss Non-Smoker Geocoin

(with Non-Smoker Pin)

LINK for orders

This coin looks to be a personal coin and it seems to me that the design of PERSONAL coins is up to the PERSON the coin belongs too... :sad: I would buy it, if there are any left next time I can spend a few bucks on a coin.

edit to say if someone made a personal pro-smoking coin, I'd prolly buy it, too ;)

Edited by GBOTS

This coin looks to be a personal coin and it seems to me that the design of PERSONAL coins is up to the PERSON the coin belongs too... :sad: I would buy it, if there are any left next time I can spend a few bucks on a coin.

edit to say if someone made a personal pro-smoking coin, I'd prolly buy it, too ;)

There is nothing on there that show's the cachers name or 'handle' so it isn't a personal coin. It's a political statement and shouldn't be allowed.

Jumped the sharks is right. Now that TPTB have approved this type of coin, I can see anti-race coins, anti-sexual orietation coins, etc. coming out and TPTB will have to approve them since they are no different than these coins are.

What a downward blow for Geocaching... Maybe it's time to start supporting Terracaching and give up on GC.com

I tell you what, how about you design a coin with a pentagram or a swastika or even worse KKK on it and let me know the backlash you get. These three themes listed are not any different in that they each push there own believes on you much like the Non Smoker coin does and i'm not even a smoker. I don't believe there is room for political agenda in Geocoins. As a side note I don't support or agree with either of three groups I listed, rather a far fetched representation of ones belive interrupting coin collecting

Alright a few new coin ideas "Cache in Switzerland, smoke in the US", "Non Coke Drinker", Non Chevy Driver". Any way you get the point!

Edit:

Just so you know 501Gang, my post wasn't to bash you rather a comment saying that you couldn't get away with minting any fo the three themes I mentioned.

Edited by Damenace

I tell you what, how about you design a coin with a pentagram or a swastika or even worse KKK on it and let me know the backlash you get. These three themes listed are not any different in that they each push there own believes on you much like the Non Smoker coin does and i'm not even a smoker. I don't believe there is room for political agenda in Geocoins. As a side note I don't support or agree with either of three groups I listed, rather a far fetched representation of ones belive interrupting coin collecting

Alright a few new coin ideas "Cache in Switzerland, smoke in the US", "Non Coke Drinker", Non Chevy Driver". Any way you get the point!

Edit:

Just so you know 501Gang, my post wasn't to bash you rather a comment saying that you couldn't get away with minting any fo the three themes I mentioned.

Didn't take as bashing Damence, your are actually supporting my statements. This coin should have never been permitted to be made using the Tracking numbers or to be posted on the site.

Ok, that's a bit too far IMO. I would relate this more to a "cachers who don't drink Coke" coin than the three you mentioned above. Seriously, this is a big difference.

The funny thing is - this FIRST thing I thought of when I saw this coin was the phrase "jumped the shark".

In the interest of letting the OP have his/her thread - let's move a new thread. Give me just a minute to open it...

This coin looks to be a personal coin and it seems to me that the design of PERSONAL coins is up to the PERSON the coin belongs too... ;) I would buy it, if there are any left next time I can spend a few bucks on a coin.

edit to say if someone made a personal pro-smoking coin, I'd prolly buy it, too :sad:

There is nothing on there that show's the cachers name or 'handle' so it isn't a personal coin. It's a political statement and shouldn't be allowed.

Black Box seems to be the cacher's name so that would make it his personal. He's in the Swiss Army and if I translated right he hides a series of caches in that persona as well - or at least recommends people to go find them. There's a pic in his profile with him holding what looks to be something geocaching related with a red slash through it. How that relates to his coin - not sure. It got approved and if one likes it and can afford it - more power to ya. ;) On a side note he has some cool gallery pics photoshopped with his signature. Interesting use of the letter "X".

Edited by GPX Navigators

Now that TPTB have approved this type of coin, I can see anti-race coins, anti-sexual orietation coins, etc. coming out and TPTB will have to approve them since they are no different than these coins are.

Absolutely not. I believe there IS a difference and, since I am the one who approves coin designs for geocaching.com tracking, you will not be seeing any anti-race coins or anti-sexual orientation coins. In fact, I'd really like to believe that no geocacher would even consider submitting such a design.

However, as far as the 'etc' is concerned, I believe there is a lot of room between anti-smoking coins and an anti-race coin and we plan on addressing those on a case by case basis.

Non-smoking coin? Don't drink coin? Say no to global warming coin? Jump the shark coin? No problem.

Now that TPTB have approved this type of coin, I can see anti-race coins, anti-sexual orietation coins, etc. coming out and TPTB will have to approve them since they are no different than these coins are.

Absolutely not. I believe there IS a difference and, since I am the one who approves coin designs for geocaching.com tracking, you will not be seeing any anti-race coins or anti-sexual orientation coins. In fact, I'd really like to believe that no geocacher would even consider submitting such a design.

However, as far as the 'etc' is concerned, I believe there is a lot of room between anti-smoking coins and an anti-race coin and we plan on addressing those on a case by case basis.

Non-smoking coin? Don't drink coin? Say no to global warming coin? Jump the shark coin? No problem.

There is no difference in them. When you attack a group of people you are making a statement. So an "Anti-Abortion" coin would be alright?

How many times do we have to say this? You either like a coin or you do not. If you do not, move on to another thread. There is no need to come in here and insult the coin. If you don't like it, don't buy it. That is a true test of market value.

And for heaven's sake, if you smoke, don't take it personally if others do not. That's a matter of choice. So is your coin buying decision. But please, show respect for others in these forums.

Passing on another coin that has nothing to do with geocaching.

On a side note- for those who find it offensive.... do you eat in restaurants where smoking is prohibited? How about planes in the US, smoking isn't allowed on them either. Do you not go to the grocery store, you can't smoke there either? This is a little different than the arguments provided, smoking "bans" are common practice in most public places throughout much of the US, and obviously other countries as well. It's an agenda that's already sailed.

Passing on another coin that has nothing to do with geocaching.

On a side note- for those who find it offensive.... do you eat in restaurants where smoking is prohibited? How about planes in the US, smoking isn't allowed on them either. Do you not go to the grocery store, you can't smoke there either? This is a little different than the arguments provided, smoking "bans" are common practice in most public places throughout much of the US, and obviously other countries as well. It's an agenda that's already sailed.

No I do not eat at resturants that don't allow smoking, I don't go to Chicago any more because they banned smoking and soon I will stay out of Michigan. I am a polite smoker and understand why grocery stores and clothing stores don't allow it and it doesn't bother me. I ask if someone minds if I smoke and do my best not to bother others when I do smoke. All I ask is that non-smokers give me the same respect and rights to do as I please.

If smoking is so bad than they should make it illegal and pass the major taxes that we smokers pay on to the rest of the people so I can watch you all complain about how much higher your taxes are now that the smokers don't pay them any more.

Automobiles are just as bad if not worst than smoking but they sure wont be banning them any time soon.

Now I will move on to something worth while, like Terracaching.com

Edited by 501_Gang

If you've never been to Switzerland, or Italy, for that matter, the point of this particular geocoin probably will escape you. Having been to both countries and geocached in both, I can certainly understand the point being made. Even though I knew beforehand that tobacco use was just about ubiquitous in both countries, as well as in France, Spain and other European countries, actually seeing it was a bit of a shock. Buying stamps in a tobacconist in Milano (tobacco shops are everywhere; post offices are rare and protected almost like banks in America) was an "interesting" experience. People smoking in stores in Zurich was a shock, after years of "No Smoking" in California. I think this coin has a lot of merit; the only reason I won't buy one is the price is just out of our range :anitongue: Good luck with your campaign!

Edited by chaosmanor

The only problem I have with this No Smoking coin is trying to get it to stick to my arm with my nicotine patch. How good is the adhesive backing on it? How many coins do I need to buy and use to get a good rush?

a good question, wich we cannot answer precise.

but i think, that you have to look (same as with the nicotine patchs) that a minimum of 10% of the surface of your body stays free of them, otherwhise you will get serious health problems...

:D :D :D

This coin looks to be a personal coin and it seems to me that the design of PERSONAL coins is up to the PERSON the coin belongs too... :D I would buy it, if there are any left next time I can spend a few bucks on a coin.

edit to say if someone made a personal pro-smoking coin, I'd prolly buy it, too :D

Get over it smoker!

This coin looks to be a personal coin and it seems to me that the design of PERSONAL coins is up to the PERSON the coin belongs too... :D I would buy it, if there are any left next time I can spend a few bucks on a coin.

edit to say if someone made a personal pro-smoking coin, I'd prolly buy it, too :D

Get over it smoker!

Fourteen bucks... seems cheap enough to me...

Mike