Port Elizabeth Area

Geoff Ogden

Hi Geoff Ogden

I ran into the same kind of difficulty of not getting my validation e-mail after I became a Premium Member about two months ago. After numerous subit-a-card letters, the controllers did validate my e-mail address themselves. Be patient, they will sort it out.

What I have found is that it is best to create an alternative e-mail address like at GoogleMail, or Yahoo Mail.

Looks like e-mail to my telkom mailbox gets blocked. When you need the PQ later it is also delivered to these alternative e-mail boxes without problems associated with the normal address.

Just something I have found to work for me.

You could therefore change your e-mail address on the profile, ask for a new validation e-mail to be send to the new address, and pick it up at the new e-mail box.

Others would also be helping for sure, but as they might have been registered for a longtime now they have not run into this type of problem. At least GC has installed a new server to help with their IT problems.

Hope you are soon up and caching.

LeonW ;)

I can confirm that Telkom Internet treats email from geocaching.com as unsolicited spam and blocks delivery. I had the same problem early last year, and requests to Telkom to unblock the site were ignored. I changed to a gmail address and haven't had a missed email since.

Hope to see you around the forums now on. We mostly talk about plastic hidden in nature, but it's a good time nonetheless. :unsure:

ps - I love that pic of yours Geoff. Classic!

Thanks Vespax

The picture is just a sign of the times.

My wife and I are keen campers although it's been a long while since we camped. We will be getting back into it and when we do we'll be 'seeking' like mad. I am going to start off by lurking in this forum and looking for the day trip caches' in and around P.E. I have already spotted a day trip near P.E. which will make a great cache, just waiting for permission to set it up and I'll be sure to give ir a go.

Geoff

Edited by Geoff Ogden

how long before the logged visits are displayed?

Our logs are displayed immediately, we have never had to wait.

I clicked on your profile and see that none of your logs are there, strange.

:( I see you were logged onto the site yesterday.

Silly question: Did you submit your logs? It then goes to your submitted log and you can read your entry as others would see it.

Hi Colin

Real pity about the TB. I may get a chance this week end and will try for it.

Yes that's right - we did only find 3, Castle Hill was closed and St Georges had Art in the park and too many people around, and we visited Homeleigh but could not find the cahe so consequently 3/6 wasn't to bad I guess.

Geoff

Edited by Geoff Ogden

Is it GC IT or Telkom IT? My experience leads me to consider the former. :P

:huh::grin: THE FORMER!?! :grin::huh:

Whoops! meant the later, for sure the later!!!!! :laughing:

Greetings All. Heads up to all Telkom mail users: You canlog on to Webmail on the telkom site and under tools or options you are able to set which users you can / cant recieve mail from. You can also say which address's / emails are or are not spam. Hope that helps some of you

Pixel

Hi P & P

Thanks for the info about Telkom, could be very usefull but as I could not even access my normal mail today on Telkom's server, I would rather keep the "important mail" from GC being send to my alternative address. After lots of compliments has been bestowed on Telkom in these forums I might put my "Big Toe" in the hot water. :laughing:

Welcome to the forums - I see that you are already addicted (GAD) by the number of caches you found. :grin:

LeonW

Geoff, # 7 Castle Hill is a very cool cache and worth tour. (Ask about the ghosts in the house. Interesting)

LeonW & all, with the ability to get very good email for free from places like Google, Yahoo, etc. it doesn't make sense to me to use and ISP email address. Especially when telecomms is in a state where you really need to be on the watch for lower cost solutions.

Gmail is the way to go in my opinion. Anyone need an invite? :laughing:

To all the PE cachers, I will be in PE on Friday (1 June 2007) caching most of the morning and early afternoon and maybe a quick few on Saturday morning or afternoon.

I will be bringing a couple of TBs and coins from Gauteng. Any specific caches that are worth doing and placing these TBs and coins?

Hi Warthog

Sounds like your time is limited and you'll be in a hurry.

Fort Frederick, Castle Hill museum and So many shops are all in town and would be worth a look.

I believe there's a TB in the Castle Hill cache that needs to be sent on it's way - perhaps you can rescue that one.

I believe there's a TB in the Castle Hill cache that needs to be sent on it's way - perhaps you can rescue that one.

Thanks for thinking about our race TB. It was retrieved from 7 Castle Hill by the cache owner about 2 weeks ago.

It is now sitting in St Blaize in Mossel bay, so if you are heading in that direction........ <_<

I placed some coins and TBs in some of the PE caches on Friday, see caches Victory Park Coin Cache, St. George's Stash, No 7 Castle Hill and SAAF Nolstalgia for details.

Any of the PE cachers going to either KZN or WC, please collect my TB from SAAF Nolstalgia and move along.

If not, moving it around the PE area will also be great.