How to drop the GC from gpx/loc files in Cachemate ?

dgc808

Hi all, Just dug out my PPC today (to start this years caching) and started to download a new pocket query and load the GPX Loc file on to Cachemate on my PPC. Its been a while since i have done this and got to part where i create my GPX file for Cachemate but cant for the life of me remember how to drop the (GC) at the start of the cache waypoint. I have managed to do it for the export of the waypoints to my Etrex, but im struggling on doing it for Cachemate. I know its something to do with (%Drop2) but not sure when and where to put it.

Any help greatly received !

Cheers DGC808

Hi all, Just dug out my PPC today (to start this years caching) and started to download a new pocket query and load the GPX Loc file on to Cachemate on my PPC. Its been a while since i have done this and got to part where i create my GPX file for Cachemate but cant for the life of me remember how to drop the (GC) at the start of the cache waypoint. I have managed to do it for the export of the waypoints to my Etrex, but im struggling on doing it for Cachemate. I know its something to do with (%Drop2) but not sure when and where to put it.

Any help greatly received !

Cheers DGC808

I use the following in the Waypoint Name field of my GPX export

%typ1%con1%drop2%notGC%code

[quote name='Moote' date='Apr 10 2007, 12:59 PM' post='2807633'

OK, so what does this code leave us with, once its in the GPSr?

What I would like is a code that leaves either Gxxxxx or Cxxxxxx

G

Edited by KandG

[quote name='Moote' date='Apr 10 2007, 12:59 PM' post='2807633'

OK, so what does this code leave us with, once its in the GPSr?

What I would like is a code that leaves either Gxxxxx or Cxxxxxx

G

%typ1 gives you a letter to show the type of cache (T=traditional, M=multi, B=letterbox hybrid, C=CITO, E=event, L=locationless, V=virtual, W=webcam, O=Other, G=Benchmark, R=Earth, and Y=mystery/Unknown.)

%con 1 gives a letter to show the container type (R=regular, L=large, M=micro, S=Small, V=Virtual, and U=unknown, Not stated=U)

%drop2 drops the "GC from the start.

So, for example if you had a small traditional cache (GC12AB), the above would put TS12AB into your GPSr.

The %notGC%code part at the end tells GSAK to only apply the %typ1%con1%drop2 to waypoints that start with "GC".

To answer your other question:

To get a code that starts with G (dropping the C), use G%drop2

To get a code that starts with C (dropping the G), use C%drop2

Thanks.

Clear as mud :anitongue:

Dont want to drop all the letters, as we also do trigs. Nice to see T or TP for trigs, and G or C for a cache rather than just a group of numbers.

G

Well, you did ask :laughing:

Seriously though, C%drop2 will remove the "GC", and replace it with just a "C", so GCxxxxx will become Cxxxxx