Bowling Ball TB Race

TheCollector

I had an idea at work today about having a TB race but all the racers would be Bowling Balls. I am looking in to how to get some cheap or free used bowling balls from a local bowling place. The racer would provide a fresh TB tag and a small cash amount so if I need to purcahse the balls I can. This is just in the planing stages. The balls would race for one year and the one that went the farthest would win. I would probably make a trophy for the winner or something like that. I would be creating some rules later. So what do you guys think? Yes or No?

e185f2e5-683f-41ab-ac66-f2686a225cac.jpg

bowling balls are free, i have four yet to start and two in possession. you just have to convince the guy at the bowling alley that you are not going to drop them off a bridge onto traffic, fire them out of a cannon, or toss them through a parked car window. but if successfull they are free, and beautiful. let me know if you start the race, I'm in.

Tim

976513dd-ab83-4d7e-a471-d3ff5abc1708.jpg

Edited by srt4guy

I LOVE this idea!!! I am brand new to all of this, and I like this game. When would it start and when will it end? ROLL ON!

I had an idea at work today about having a TB race but all the racers would be Bowling Balls. I am looking in to how to get some cheap or free used bowling balls from a local bowling place. The racer would provide a fresh TB tag and a small cash amount so if I need to purcahse the balls I can. This is just in the planing stages. The balls would race for one year and the one that went the farthest would win. I would probably make a trophy for the winner or something like that. I would be creating some rules later. So what do you guys think? Yes or No?

I will actual make it an event i need like 8 or 10 people willing to participate in the race so get your friends and family involved It will be $5 a person so i can make some trophys for the winners of the farthest traveled and most caches visited.

I'm brand new at this. How does this work? Do we release our bowling balls somewhere in our own area on the same day and then see whose ball has gone the furtherest by a certain date? P.S. - LOVE your pix!

I will actual make it an event i need like 8 or 10 people willing to participate in the race so get your friends and family involved It will be $5 a person so i can make some trophys for the winners of the farthest traveled and most caches visited.

I'm brand new at this. How does this work? Do we release our bowling balls somewhere in our own area on the same day and then see whose ball has gone the furtherest by a certain date? P.S. - LOVE your pix!

No you send me a new Traveling Bug Dog Tag and $5 ( I can pay pal you or you can send me $ in mail) Ill get the Bowling balls and send you a pic of yours. You can name it. I will release them at an event I plan. if you have any more questions just ask me <_<

If you are interest in competeing in the Race please email me here mnartist@gmail.com

Copy and paste this into the email

Heading: BOWLING BALL RACE

Geocaching Name:

Address:

Contact Email:

PayPal Email: (Only if you are paying with paypal)

# of Racers Wanted:

I am also looking for some one thats good with websites to help me set one up so we can track the balls online. The Race will Start around the Middle of May. I am still looking for bowling balls so if anyone has any extas that they are willing to donate i would love to get my hands on them. I have talked to a couple places and only have maybe 2 or 3 balls they just dont want to give them to "punk" kids cause they think im just going to throw them off of bridges on to passing cars. :D

Hey TheCollector, Do you have The Balls you need or do you need more? :)

If so I can try to get a couple. Then we can work on arrangements to get them

to you. If you do need more I'll work on it this weekend! I know some people

who know some people who heard of a couple of guys who know the owners of

a couple of bowling alleys in the area. :)

Let me know.

Dardevle

Hey TheCollector, Do you have The Balls you need or do you need more? ;)

If so I can try to get a couple. Then we can work on arrangements to get them

to you. If you do need more I'll work on it this weekend! I know some people

who know some people who heard of a couple of guys who know the owners of

a couple of bowling alleys in the area. :P

Let me know.

Dardevle

Email sent Im still looking for more

I love this idea it's very creative but.... How is a bowling ball going to fit into an average size cache? I've only come across one cache in a 5 gallon bucket that would be big enough for a bowling ball. How is this going to work (the traveling part)?

People move it from cache to cache or event to event they place it by the cache hiding it well and giving coords to it. or just hand it from person to person

Another place to check for cheap bowling balls is Goodwill.

So aren't bowling balls waaaaay to big & too heavy to stick in about 99% of the caches out there?

Thats the point of this to make it challenging to move them

I'm still wanting to try this? What may I do to help?

If you are interest in competeing in the Race please email me here mnartist@gmail.com

Copy and paste this into the email

Heading: BOWLING BALL RACE

Geocaching Name:

Address:

Contact Email:

PayPal Email: (Only if you are paying with paypal)

# of Racers Wanted:

I am also looking for some one thats good with websites to help me set one up so we can track the balls online. The Race will Start around the Middle of May. I am still looking for bowling balls so if anyone has any extas that they are willing to donate i would love to get my hands on them. I have talked to a couple places and only have maybe 2 or 3 balls they just dont want to give them to "punk" kids cause they think im just going to throw them off of bridges on to passing cars. :D

If you are interested in competing please email me like the above says I have 5 people interested so far i need like 5 more

Is it possiable to purchase the TB from you also. That would keep us from having to ship them and you can order them at $4.25 from gp and there is no shipping. Just an idea like tb $4.25, cost to enter $5.oo for a total of $9.25. I for one would be interested if I could do it that way.

Is it possiable to purchase the TB from you also. That would keep us from having to ship them and you can order them at $4.25 from gp and there is no shipping. Just an idea like tb $4.25, cost to enter $5.oo for a total of $9.25. I for one would be interested if I could do it that way.

I can do that its $5 to enter plus 4.75 for the tag for a total of $9.75 just include if you want to provide the tag or for me too.

Sounds like fun - email shortly. I'll supply my tag 'cuz I want to be sure there's a laminated info tag on my ball so folks know it's in a RACE.

Also, while I whittle websites professionally, I don't have a spare moment just now to whittle one for the race. Each will have their own gc.com TB page of course, and the good news izzz...

Suggest you contact the folks at

www.cachinggames.com

They run a number of geocaching races/games (currently, my little "Xanadu Traveler" is in 12th place - out of 80 - in the Around the World in 80 Caches race), and and they'd likely be happy to add this race to their site as well - its free!

I might set one up I dont know yet still having a hard time tracking down enough balls i might have to start paying for them. If this happens i might have to increase the price a couple dollars I will be buying 10 balls 6 of them are claimed for already so the next 4 people to email me will have a spot. I will try and get more balls. The price of the balls will be split among everyone so it shouldn't cost that much. If anyone has a conection with a bowling alley and can get me some balls for free i would love it we just have to figure out a way to get them to me. Sorry this is taking so long its just im having a hard time getting balls.

My other idea is to switch to pins cause I probably could get some pins easier then Im getting balls. So what are your guys thoughts?

Sorry this is taking so long its just im having a hard time getting balls.

My other idea is to switch to pins cause I probably could get some pins easier then Im getting balls. So what are your guys thoughts?

Nope, I'm only in if it's bowling balls. Seems to me that it would be far easier if you just set it up so anybody who wants to join can get their own bowling ball, add a TB tag and... then set up a start date for the race (and ideally listing the race on cachinggames.com so folks could track the competition.

No need to start all the balls in one place at all. Lots easier for each to find their own ball (Goodwill/their own local bowling ally) than for you to muster up all the balls.

Sorry this is taking so long its just im having a hard time getting balls.

Nope, I'm only in if it's bowling balls. Seems to me that it would be far easier if you just set it up so anybody who wants to join can get their own bowling ball, add a TB tag and... then set up a start date for the race (and ideally listing the race on cachinggames.com so folks could track the competition.

No need to start all the balls in one place at all. Lots easier for each to find their own ball (Goodwill/their own local bowling ally) than for you to muster up all the balls.

I was thinking about that but i really want to do it this way for right now. I am going to do bowling balls the pins were only an idea. I want to regulate what the balls look like and add a special tag that tells people that the balls are in a race and what to do with them. I might change my mind later on but this is whats working for me now so im going to stick to it.