South Carolina Caching

greende

Forgive me but I have been MIA from here a LONG time. We are leaving here from Syracuse to Myrtle Beach, SC and I would like to know how things went with the legislation in that state regarding restricting caching. Could someone Markwell me the latest info? I would like to do some more caching there but do not want to run afoul of the law (joke). Thanks

Just got back from that area this weekend. Lived in the area for 15+ years, was very sad to hear about the proposed legislation. As I have heard it did die, but there is likeyhood of it poping back up due to the political instigator now residing in a new higher office.

I unfortunately feel that SC has gotten the bad end of the stick, but it goes to show what a few uneducated people in power can do for something they are misinformed about.

We have not cached in MB yet, although we have hit other areas of the state nearby. Depending on your route you may want to stop in Florence county and check out a few there. If you do any of the Team Tigerz or Mvillian caches are highly suggested. Also if it is still available Living Art is a virtual a bit further west of there and is hands down one of the most interesting virtuals we have been on. Mr. Fryer is more than happy to show and talk to you about his garden if available.

Just got back from that area this weekend. Lived in the area for 15+ years, was very sad to hear about the proposed legislation. As I have heard it did die, but there is likeyhood of it poping back up due to the political instigator now residing in a new higher office.

I unfortunately feel that SC has gotten the bad end of the stick, but it goes to show what a few uneducated people in power can do for something they are misinformed about.

We have not cached in MB yet, although we have hit other areas of the state nearby. Depending on your route you may want to stop in Florence county and check out a few there. If you do any of the Team Tigerz or Mvillian caches are highly suggested. Also if it is still available Living Art is a virtual a bit further west of there and is hands down one of the most interesting virtuals we have been on. Mr. Fryer is more than happy to show and talk to you about his garden if available.

Thanks Everyone. I will let this go awhile before closing.

The legislation died and there is not much chance of it coming back to life in the near future. GeoCachers showed up in force to show the errors of the ways. The person that submitted the legislation was so nervous because of the group that showed up, she would not testify on behalf of the bill.

The strong leaders currently in charge of the SCGA are doing a great job to promote the benefits of GeoCaching in SC. With their continued efforts and support of GeoCachers, I don't see any near term problems.

I haven't gone yet, but my family is planning a Myrtle Beach raid this summer. With all of the micros in the area, we have set a goal of 100+ caches in a 24hr period. Bad part, that will only cover about half in the area.

The legislation died and there is not much chance of it coming back to life in the near future. GeoCachers showed up in force to show the errors of the ways. The person that submitted the legislation was so nervous because of the group that showed up, she would not testify on behalf of the bill.

The strong leaders currently in charge of the SCGA are doing a great job to promote the benefits of GeoCaching in SC. With their continued efforts and support of GeoCachers, I don't see any near term problems.

I haven't gone yet, but my family is planning a Myrtle Beach raid this summer. With all of the micros in the area, we have set a goal of 100+ caches in a 24hr period. Bad part, that will only cover about half in the area.

Thanks to all in South Carolina for their good work in heading off the legislation. Just before this controversy erupted, I did some caching in the MB area and enjoyed it alot. There are many caches that are family friendly and of interest to history, curiosity etc. I look forward to our return later this month.

You will definately have your fill of caches in MB. There are all types, park & grabs, ammo cans in the woods, multi's. I highly recommend the caches at Myrtle Beach State Park & Huntington Island State Park. There are admission fees' to get in the parks, but the parks are beautiful and have some great caches in them. Also, as someone mentioned, MVillan has some great caches around, Misty Passage is one of them. If in the Darlington area, don't miss Too Tough To Tame. Great multi, that you will never forget. And Living Art is still active, that is our all time favorite virtual, a little far from MB, but well worth the trip. Have a great trip and if you have any questions, send us an email at username @ gmail.com.

We have vacationed in Myrtle Beach every summer for over ten years, staying up in the North Myrtle Beach end of the Grand Strand. I'd have to say the caches are a little sparse up that way but the quality is pretty good. Someone else recommended the state parks south of town - that sounds like a great idea!

"As I have heard it did die, but there is likeyhood of it poping back up due to the political instigator now residing in a new higher office."

Over our dead bodies will it ever become law. If this pops up again, I promise you more than one organized protest.

Carson,

Myrtle Beach, SC