Tsunrisebey geocoin update

tsunrisebey

Ok, here is the story. My original intent was to be anonymous with this coin, dropping them in caches as swag but after thinking about it (like GSA/ECB), I don't think it would take long to figure out who was behind the mystery, considering I'm the only Helena, Montana cacher posting in the coin forum, and I don't get out of Montana enough to drop them elsewhere. I also decided I wanted to be able to share some of these with others outside of Montana.

This is the story behind the coin design. Some of you already know that I'm a non-traditional college student (again) working on a second degree and almost done! It's in Anthropology (study of cultures) with an emphasis on American Indians. As a side note; Archaeology falls under Anthropolgy. Anyhow, those who know me, know how I'm always digging/looking for Indian arrowheads, artifacts or always up for some goofy adventure. One of my dreams is to go to Africa on a "dig." Hopefull after school is done, I'll get a chance to do that. I had planned on designing some Egyptian based coins but I know there are some others who are working on designs already, so I went with the one design I loved and Jamie at Madhatter's brought it to life graphic wise. This is based on the Staff of Ra (Egyptian Sun God).

Stats:

2"

3D both sides w/ cutout

non-trackable

Shiny gold

200 total

I'm placing gems in the eyes myself, they will be on both sides.

100 RED gems for CACHES only

50 ORANGE gems for TRADES only

50 (undecided and no personal requests for colors)

I am NOT accepting trade offers yet. I will be gone in May (when the coins are expected to arrive) to Belize studying with a Mayan Indian tribe, I do not have time to work out trades right now. This is just to show you what I'm working on and I was excited :unsure:

My name (tsunrisebey) is not shown on the design but IS now being included on the back side.

Indianaraiderofcachefront.JPG

Indianaraiderofcacheback.JPG

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

"Ok, here is the story. My original intent was to be anonymous with this coin, dropping them in caches as swag but after thinking about it (like GSA/ECB), I don't think it would take long to figure out who was behind the mystery, considering I'm the only Helena, Montana cacher posting in the coin forum, and I don't get out of Montana enough to drop them elsewhere. I also decided I wanted to be able to share some of these with others outside of Montana."

I still haven't a clue as to who the GSA is!!!

Ahhhh, LOVE it! The male half of our team here went to University of New Mexico for his Anthropology Masters. Never went on a dig but two of his great friends from there met on a dig in Belize.

LOVE the coin...would LOVE to have one in our collection.

Just a sugestion as your personal coin perhaps it sould have your caching name upon it ? If art is final perhaps it could be roll stamped onto the edge :unsure:

It is being added.......I noted that in the long essay..........lol.

Heck who reads essays with a coin like that :)

Edited by glennk721

Great one Tsun- My mom will love this coin! She all into Egyptian stuff.

I dont post unless I have somethin nice to say, even though many want true opinions, if I dont like a coin I will usually keep it to myself. I really like this design, it will look so good when its done!

I would like to see 2 different images on each side. Not sure what would be best, but I think another image would be better... Maybe you could create the "Egyptian Caching God"...Just my little opinion. BUT I REALLY LIKE IT...I will definatley get one!

Great one Tsun- My mom will love this coin! She all into Egyptian stuff.

I dont post unless I have somethin nice to say, even though many want true opinions, if I dont like a coin I will usually keep it to myself. I really like this design, it will look so good when its done!

I would like to see 2 different images on each side. Not sure what would be best, but I think another image would be better... Maybe you could create the "Egyptian Caching God"...Just my little opinion. BUT I REALLY LIKE IT...I will definatley get one!

Thanks for all the nice compliments so far ;) I should have the mint drawing back here in a few days.

007BigD.....Since there are 2 cut outs on this coin and it is based on the Staff of Ra piece, it needs to be the same on both sides but thanks for the thoughts.

I'll be getting pictures of the coins when they are done, so I'll post those too.

Later........tsun

Thanks for all the nice compliments so far :sad: I should have the mint drawing back here in a few days.

007BigD.....Since there are 2 cut outs on this coin and it is based on the Staff of Ra piece, it needs to be the same on both sides but thanks for the thoughts.

I'll be getting pictures of the coins when they are done, so I'll post those too.

Later........tsun

I didnt even notice the cutouts,Just thought it was another color-DUH!!! ;) - Ive looked at this coin three times, I guess Id better open my eyes a little better.

Headed to mint today :D

For those who have already expressed interest in this thread, your name has been written down for possible trades. My interest lies in trading personals but will consider other options should you not have a personal. I'm not negotiating trades at this time. if you are interested in making a trade, please post in this thread and I will write your name down as interested. If you are uncomfortable posting your name on the thread, you can drop me an email.

One coin per cacher or per caching family. I'm only planning on trading out 50 here via the thread but will be bring some with me to Rocky Mountain Rendevouz in August.

Stats: 2", 3D both sides, placing gems in the eye myself. Non-trackable.

tsun

Mintartworkresize.jpg