Geocaching in reverse?

I was out at a state park this weekend and happened across a cache on accident. The cache has apparently been flooded, the log is ruined. I thought I would look it up and let the owner know, but I can't figure out how to find it online.

There are 242 pages of caches for the nearest zipcode. I have the code from the log, and I think the cache name is "Greeter Falls". How do I find it online?

From the main menu, go to "Hide & Seek a Cache". If you have the code (GC#####), enter that in "by Waypoint" under "Other Search Options". You could search by the name under "by Keyword", but I just tried and nothing came up under "Greeter Falls".

Good luck!

Edited by Dinoprophet

The way i check out where I've been and wether there are any caches near by is to

click on: my account

click on :Search for nearest caches from your home coordinates

click on: map it

this gives me the most easily manipulated map I've found so far on GC.com just snatch at the map with the pointer and drag it across until you find the area you found it in!

Then lots of lovely little tags appear and you can see which caches are current!

Hope this helps if not just click "delete" lol

Happy Easter to you all

minxyy

The way i check out where I've been and wether there are any caches near by is to

click on: my account

click on :Search for nearest caches from your home coordinates

click on: map it

this gives me the most easily manipulated map I've found so far on GC.com just snatch at the map with the pointer and drag it across until you find the area you found it in!

Then lots of lovely little tags appear and you can see which caches are current!

Hope this helps if not just click "delete" lol

Happy Easter to you all

minxyy

Yep,, find a cache that is near the area you want to search, then click on "view map" up near the top. You can zoom out, then move to the area you want to concentrate on. When you find it, then zoom back in if necessary, click on "identify" and the "include archived" buttons to bring up what's there.

Hi, thanks for all the suggestions. I've tried everything. I don't see it on the map, or listed anywhere. It must be old or something.

The place I found it seemed deliberately hidden, wedged under a stair descending down to the falls. Anything can happen during a flood, but it would take some serious water to get it up to the height of the stair.

I guess it's not really a big deal. It's just too bad it got soaked.

Thanks again for all the help.

Or still listed on another site?

There is indeed a TerraCache listed closeby with this description:

Summertime is waterfall-time and we had occasion to visit a beautiful one just an hour from home and place a Terracache there! Since Greeter Falls is in a sensitive ecological area, this cache is placed on a manmade structure, with land management permission. (Smaller than the average container used outdoors, again due to placement location limitations; bring your own pen.)