Signature Items

Ble68

I just saw pathtags today and I want to make one. I think they could be the new geocoin and sig. item. I need some info on them. Are they trackable? Can you sell them? Are they worth it? After looking at coins and the $ they require I was shocked. I realized they have become more of a collectors item rather then something you trade and share with others. I was wondering that if you have some,post their pictures. Or if you have any other signiture items if you could post the ideas here. How big are pathtags?

Could someone also help me understand what a geotag is? I read the post but I am totally confused!!

Are geotags always clear?

Edited by Ble68

You might check the thread Geotags. They are like pathtags but are loggable here at GC.com. Otherwise look at pathtags.com for regular pathtags.

I'd like to point out that ordering of Geotags is currently closed till May 1. If you want something sooner or by GW5 you'll have to look elsewhere.

One personal item I have is a patch I made with a logo on it. Marky's site sigitem.com tracks them and so far a lot of cachers have found them and really like 'em. I made them for about $.75 each. I didn't take a picture of them but here is the design:

3064496f-ddaa-4867-9a44-abc624d1338f.jpg

Oops, My avitar is actually a pic of one of them.

Edited by Castle Man

One personal item I have is a patch I made with a logo on it. Marky's site sigitems.com tracks them and so far a lot of cachers have found them and really like 'em. I made them for about $.75 each. I didn't take a picture of them but here is the design:

What a neat idea!!

One personal item I have is a patch I made with a logo on it. Marky's site sigitems.com tracks them and so far a lot of cachers have found them and really like 'em. I made them for about $.75 each. I didn't take a picture of them but here is the design:

I just tried sigitems.com and that's not a valid address. Is there a better way to get there?

I just ordered some golf pencils as a sig item. I got them for about 8 cents each, or so, plus they're handy to have around because I'm always loosing my caching pens, plus they'll fit is some of the larger micros.

Au contraire, mon vieux, geocoins are for collecting, trading and sharing with others. Check the profiles the majority of people who post on these forums and you'll see there are many activated coins listed that both travel or are shared with others to discover (collect the icon).

Personally I'm disappointed with the rate at which coins disappear in these parts so I don't put out as many as others do elsewhere... but I try.

Personally I'm disappointed with the rate at which coins disappear in these parts so I don't put out as many as others do elsewhere... but I try.

My solution to that is to release a couple hundred geocoins to travel and then you don't notice the ones that go missing. :laughing:

--Marky

We recently made these lapel pins. They are a little bigger than a US quarter. We made them with Shrinky Dinky printable shrink paper and stick on lapel pin backers and they were fairly inexpensive to make. That's my 2 year old son in the logo, Brayden, surrounded by his "brigade" :unsure:

lapel-pin.jpg

We also have a pathtag in production. They haven't arrived yet.

exmple.jpg

Can somone point me in the right direction to figure out how to make something presentable out of Sculpy type clay? :unsure:

okillezzzz makes beautiful ones. you can see a few of his in my collection: http://web.mac.com/eflask/iWeb/Site/trophy%20room.html

for myself, i usually put out photo dvds of geocache slidesshow, set to music. i also set out copies of my cd, MIXED NUTS. i sign and date them and leave the name of the cache i left it in.

i used to pound pennies flat and engrave them with my name, but i need an anvil. people used to like them.

i used to pound pennies flat and engrave them with my name, but i need an anvil. people used to like them.

Go to a scrap yard and get a small section of old railroad rail about 18 inches long - works like a charm.

I've made key rings out of spoon handles and various lathe turned projects ranging from small bowls to fridge magnets. What ever suits my fancy and whatever I have in scrap that I can use to make into something fancy :unsure:

I like your website, Flask. It is very well done.

thanks. i have good material and good tools.

entertaining anecdote: in the picture at the top it is windy and about 45 degrees out. for some reason i thought that pose would make a good picture without clothing. that was the practice shot. then i have a picture of a pile of clothes and then me, in the buff, directing the clouds. or standing in triumph. hard to tell.

do your own homework if you want to see it.