Vista Cx screen freezing

I've only had my Vista Cx for about a week and I'm starting to have trouble with it. When I try to change the screen lighting and I push any button while the dim/brighten slide bar is still on the screen the unit freezes. Also, if I am on the main menu and change the lighting and wait for the slide bar to go away and then try to push down on the joy stick the screen freezes. It may also freeze other times but these are when I notice it. Actually it does more than freeze, it also turns gray and I can barely see the icons on the screen. It looks like the icons are fading away. I've emailed Garmin but haven't gotten a response back yet. Is this just a freak glitch I'm having or is this typical of the Vista Cx?

I've only had my Vista Cx for about a week and I'm starting to have trouble with it. When I try to change the screen lighting and I push any button while the dim/brighten slide bar is still on the screen the unit freezes. Also, if I am on the main menu and change the lighting and wait for the slide bar to go away and then try to push down on the joy stick the screen freezes. It may also freeze other times but these are when I notice it. Actually it does more than freeze, it also turns gray and I can barely see the icons on the screen. It looks like the icons are fading away. I've emailed Garmin but haven't gotten a response back yet. Is this just a freak glitch I'm having or is this typical of the Vista Cx?

I have had my vista cx for a couple months know and have not had a problem with it. So I would think it is a problem with your gps.

Try reinstalling the firmware first and see if that fixes the problem.

How do I do this this? I haven't loaded anything on it yet. So far I've only input some coordinates by hand.

It's a piece of cake. Go to Garmin's website and install and run the Webupdater.

If that doesn't work I'd call Garmin. You should have a new unit within days after you send yours back.

I'm so happy! ;) Thank you. I downloaded the Webupdater but it wasn't recognizing my unit. I called Garmin and he had no idea why it would be freezing but he walked me through downloading a USB driver so that it would recognize my Vista Cx. After I updated the software the problem stopped. I've read it many times on here but I'm going to say it again. Garmin has great customer service.