ARMY MEN

brakken

not sure if this the right spot for this Question,

i want to get like a 100 little green army men and tag, number and label them (Private 1# 8TH platoon)

there goal would be rejoin there platoon at co-ordinated xx. they would hopefully sent all over the place and would try to make it back together.

my question is would i have to make each a travel bug and buy the dog tags or could i just put a card on them and log them on the caches page.

would it work? would it be allowed ?

not sure if this the right spot for this Question,

i want to get like a 100 little green army men and tag, number and label them (Private 1# 8TH platoon)

there goal would be rejoin there platoon at co-ordinated xx. they would hopefully sent all over the place and would try to make it back together.

my question is would i have to make each a travel bug and buy the dog tags or could i just put a card on them and log them on the caches page.

would it work? would it be allowed ?

Howdy......

Check this... http://www.geocachearmy.com/

It might be simular

Vern... :blink:

Edited by Foothills Drifter

If you want them to be trackable, you'll need a means ot do so - buy a TB tag, or use another tracking site. IF not, just put a note of some sort with each one.

How will you do the distribution? Drop them off on your personal travels? Allow people interested to post in a thread and then mail them a soldier? Find friends around the country (or globe) to help? I'd release a few for you if needed - trackable or not.

Not sure, but I think there was also a Barrel of Monkeys turned loose, too. Not at all related to Project A.P.E.

Good luck!

Howdy......

Check this... http://www.geocachearmy.com/

It might be simular

Vern... :unsure:

yep very similar to that, but my soldiers would not really be on missions as such as they are in that one.

the story would be sort of: due to bad planning at HQ, the 8th platoon failed it's mission has been seperated and needs to get to 34 43.011 s 135 52.199 w ( example not the co-ordinates that will be used) for evacuation to safety.

that would be all the info i would give so the person that finds the army man would have to find where the evac spot is and then try to find a cache closer to that point to place him in.

as for distrobution i would email other geocachers and ask the to place a few around there area and let me know there starting location. as for numbers there will only be 100 men in all, and evac would be 2 months after distrabution. all others will be "lost for the greater good" (but still can be returned to evac point) will consider offering a prize for the geocacher that helps as many men as possible to the evac point. ie may more 5 men 400 kilometres so there effort would be 2000 kilmetres. if mailed to another geocacher then the two would spit the total ie 1000 km each.

brakken

thanks people will let you know when there ready to be deployed.

hopefully be picked up this week and then can be sent out to people asap. the men will mainly be deployed or lost in Australia but a few will be going over seas to my brother and now TheCollector and QUEENS BORROWERS.

BRAKKEN