On our way to Lexington

3wildwomen

Hello!! My 12 year old daughter and I will be in the Lexington area next weekend and was hoping some fellow local cachers could give us some suggetions on Must-Do caches in the area. We'll also be spending a day in Louisville. We have a couple of bugs we would also like to drop off. We really prefer walks in the woods to urban micros. Anything scenic or historical would be great.

Thanks!!

Lexington Caches Thread

I have answered this before, but also have a few suggestions if you like woodsy hiking - There aren't many wooded areas in this county - it was nearly all farm country prior to being developed, most of our land that was set aside to be parks is grassy meadowland. However, If you go east of town I suggest this group for a nice variety of types of caches and a nice walk:

Weather or Not (webcam)

Greetings From Belgium (puzzle - solve it ahead of time)

Bison & Brahmas (regular sized container, P&G)

Junk from Work (ammo can, hike in the woods)

One Hot Dog (ammo can, hike through undeveloped meadow park land & woods)

If you have time to drive south of Nicholasville, I would suggest this grouping, this area is near historic Camp Nelson:

Happy Trails to You (ammo can - fun hike)

Until We Meet Again (ammo can - fun but tougher hike)

Who Cares About the Clouds When Were Together (ammo can - fun hike)

Sing a Song and Bring the Sunny Weather (micro in parking area - easy bonus)

All four of these make a great hiking loop

Also nearby are:

You Landed on Waterworks

On Freedom's Trail

Let me know if these are what you were thinking about or not! :laughing:

Thank you Sun-moon-starz!! I was actually looking at some of your caches. The ones you listed sound great.

Thank you Neo2 for the link on the Louisville caches.

We are really looking forward to this trip..well I am, I haven't told my daughter were we are going yet!!

Off to do up some queries!!

thanks bunches!!!!!

Lexington Caches Thread

I have answered this before, but also have a few suggestions if you like woodsy hiking - There aren't many wooded areas in this county - it was nearly all farm country prior to being developed, most of our land that was set aside to be parks is grassy meadowland. However, If you go east of town I suggest this group for a nice variety of types of caches and a nice walk:

Weather or Not (webcam)

Greetings From Belgium (puzzle - solve it ahead of time)

Bison & Brahmas (regular sized container, P&G)

Junk from Work (ammo can, hike in the woods)

One Hot Dog (ammo can, hike through undeveloped meadow park land & woods)

If you have time to drive south of Nicholasville, I would suggest this grouping, this area is near historic Camp Nelson:

Happy Trails to You (ammo can - fun hike)

Until We Meet Again (ammo can - fun but tougher hike)

Who Cares About the Clouds When Were Together (ammo can - fun hike)

Sing a Song and Bring the Sunny Weather (micro in parking area - easy bonus)

All four of these make a great hiking loop

Also nearby are:

You Landed on Waterworks

On Freedom's Trail

Let me know if these are what you were thinking about or not! :unsure:

Oh sure - you're going to send a cacher from MY area to caches that i don't own???

Hub Regiment - short, two stage multi. no hiking involved :blink:

St. Paddy's Cache - quick one in a Lexington Park with two other caches nearby: Commemorative Cache (one of my favs!) and a nearby letterbox (Letterboxing 101) by my wonderful caching friend sun-moon-starz who is super-fantastic even if she didn't recommend ANY of my caches!

and of course, if you like puzzles, check out Dicoese Throne you could always try and solve it on the trip down!

;)

hope the trip goes well, and i had better see a cache log on one of mine from you guys since you're fellow new englanders!

oh, and on your way from Lousiville to Lexington, stop by and snag two quick virtuals in Frankfort -

Kentucky Floral Clock

Melodye Park

'neko

Hey Koneko! Somehow you didn't make the download to the GPS :lol: I printed your cache pages and will be sure to visit them! Took me awhile to figure out you go by another name there!!

PS-we breifly met at the GeoJamboree last year. I was with Kayakerinme and we were getting ready to leave. Hope we bumb into each other again soon!!

Edited by 3wildwomen

Hey Koneko! Somehow you didn't make the download to the GPS :( I printed your cache pages and will be sure to visit them! Took me awhile to figure out you go by another name there!!

PS-we breifly met at the GeoJamboree last year. I was with Kayakerinme and we were getting ready to leave. Hope we bumb into each other again soon!!

i certainly do remember =) i'm sure we'll run into each other again - let me know if you ever come down to the cape to cache =)