How do I remove POI's from my GPS?

I'm not 100% certain, but I think you actually have to have a poi.gpi file in that directory or else the unit doesn't think it supports POIs. You can simply open the poi.gpi file in notepad and delete everything in it, then resave it. That will keep a poi.gpi file on your receiver but it will also delete everything you had.

I'm not 100% certain, but I think you actually have to have a poi.gpi file in that directory or else the unit doesn't think it supports POIs. You can simply open the poi.gpi file in notepad and delete everything in it, then resave it. That will keep a poi.gpi file on your receiver but it will also delete everything you had.

Thought experiment: I buy a new CX and put a blank microSD in it and turn it on. What is in \Garmin\Poi at this point, and how does the GPSr react to builtin POI?

I think the gpi file is not actually a textfile, although it does have text in it. It's probably overkill to use a hex editor on it but at least we'd kmow how the file is structured.

About the only way I've found to remove Custom POI's from my 60Cx is like fratermus said: mount the SD card, use Windows Explorer to delete the Garmin/POI directory. DO NOT delete the Garmin folder with the "gmapsupp.img" file, though; that's all the maps you downloaded. The only thing that changes in your GPSr is that the Find Custom POI option goes away until you download more POI's.

About the only way I've found to remove Custom POI's from my 60Cx is like fratermus said: mount the SD card, use Windows Explorer to delete the Garmin/POI directory. DO NOT delete the Garmin folder with the "gmapsupp.img" file, though; that's all the maps you downloaded. The only thing that changes in your GPSr is that the Find Custom POI option goes away until you download more POI's.

The previous Beta (V2.4.0.0) allowed you to remove your Custom POIs. The current version (v2.4.0.1) does not. AFAIK you can delete the poi.gpi file without any trouble. You can also rename it and load a new set of pois (see Munin's Silly POI tricks thread).