Owings Mills Maryland

4leafclover

I will be in Owings Mills on Thursday and Friday, with perhaps some free time Thursday Evening, and perhaps early Friday. Of course I plan to hit a few caches, but if there is anyone familiar with the area, I would love a tour guide/some one whose brain I can pick.

Thanks in advance.

Katie

Katie, I wish you the best with your visit, and to make sure that your request reaches the widest possible audience, may I (as a resident of Maryland) suggest that you consider joining the Maryland Geocaching Society (aka MGS) and then posting a similar note on an appropriate forum there, perhaps under the general chit-chat section? This will ensure that your request is seen by a far greater number of Marylanders!

Oh, and it may help folks reading your request if you were to tell them what types of caches you prefer, in terms of urban versus rural/wilderness, park-n-grab versus hike, puzzles/riddles versus traditional, lame urban micros (aka MicroSpew) versus traditional caches with higher difficulty and terrain ratings, caches rated 3/3 or lower versus Psycho Urban Caches that could get you killed or maimed, etc. I wish you the best with your visit!

BTW, we live in the mountains of Central/Western MD, quite far from Owings Mills, and thus I am unable to offer any recommendations at this time; I might be able to offer a few if I knew what types (see above) of caches you were looking for.

Thank you, Vinny. Interestingly enough, earlier this evening, I did exactly what you have suggested here...joined MGS. I posted something in "caching partners".

I selected the closest caches to my hotel/interview. I don't think I'll have much time for good hikes (like I prefer), so for the time being, I'll have to do whatever is available, and I end up having time for.

In fact, I am far more interested in meeting some one (rather than strictly for caching...) familiar with the area, who might be able to offer suggestions re: schools, neighborhoods, etc.

Thank you, Vinny. Interestingly enough, earlier this evening, I did exactly what you have suggested here...joined MGS. I posted something in "caching partners".

I selected the closest caches to my hotel/interview. I don't think I'll have much time for good hikes (like I prefer), so for the time being, I'll have to do whatever is available, and I end up having time for.

In fact, I am far more interested in meeting some one (rather than strictly for caching...) familiar with the area, who might be able to offer suggestions re: schools, neighborhoods, etc.

Hi...I live very close to OM, and in fact work in OM. Can you send me an e-mail (through this post) and we can converse a little "offline". I'm curious as to where you are interviewing.