Garmin Legend Cx help

I am wondering if anyone has any clue about how to adjust the sensativity of a Garmin Legend Cx (if you can do that yourself)

Mine works great onroad, but it has been pretty far off offroad on a regualr basis. We are talking about 40-60 feet off on average. Thats a bit much for me to get out and do my own caching. I am hoping someone can tell me theres a way to fix it. Otherwise I have to bug Garmin to see if tech suport can figure it out.

DV

My guess is that tree canopies or other obstructions are occluding the satt reception. If so, it's not broken so there is no fix.

If you are going to be spending a good deal of time underneath obstructions, you may want to trade up to 60-series gps that uses the SiRF chipset. Those are said to be much better under obstructed sky views.

In the meantime, you may be able to buy better obstructed accuracy by turning off Battery Saver. I've been trying it but can't tell if it helps or not. Seems to, or maybe that's hopeful thinking on my part.

I'd really like a mode where the GPS would go from batt-saver to normal mode (and off-road routing) whenever you got with (say) 60 seconds of your next waypoint, then back to batt-saver after you move away from it. Or a toggle menu for it.

The 60Cx/CSx and 76Cx/CSx all use the SIRF chip for better reception in tough areas (forests, canyons, etc.).

Is your WAAS mode on? That might help you too. Although for this to work I believe the battery-saver mode needs to be turned off.

Other folks on the great forums here have mentioned first letting your GPS "bake" under a clear sky to update the internal almanac data (~20+ mins.) before use. I've started doing this and noticed an increase in accuracy.

Two other things to check. Make sure you have "Lock on Road" turned off with you head out into the brush. Also, make sure that your datum is set to WGS84. If your datum is set to something else, you'll consistantly be 80 to 200 feet off or more, depending upon the datum selected.

Two other things to check. Make sure you have "Lock on Road" turned off with you head out into the brush. Also, make sure that your datum is set to WGS84. If your datum is set to something else, you'll consistantly be 80 to 200 feet off or more, depending upon the datum selected.

One other thing to check is to make sure you have the latest ver. of the SW. Prior to ver 2.60 (Vista, Legend, and Venture Cx), a lot of us were consistantly off 40-60' on longitude, but perfect on the latitude. Updating to 2.60 solved the problem.

RGS

One other thing to check is to make sure you have the latest ver. of the SW. Prior to ver 2.60 (Vista, Legend, and Venture Cx), a lot of us were consistantly off 40-60' on longitude, but perfect on the latitude. Updating to 2.60 solved the problem.

RGS

Are there still as many problems with the Legend Cx with the new firmware version (v2.60). Cuz I thought about buying a Venture Cx...