State and Local Geocaching Organizations

Keystone

bluelinegeocachers_logo.jpg

About Us

The Blueline Geocaching Association (BLGA) is a group of geocachers (Inside and Outside the Adirondack Blue Line) who are committed to promoting safe, responsible, and environmentally friendly geocaching. We welcome the involvement and cooperation of park management and government to work with us in the development of this activity both to benefit both geocachers and parks alike. The BLGA also provides a way for people to come together to organize regional activities and events that will promote the credibility of the sport and bring families together in an outdoor environment. Join us, It's a great way to show your support for Geocaching in the Adirondack park and Northern New York. Membership is free and joining is easy to do. To become a member of BLGA you must Register as a user of the BLGA Forums. Also, when placing geocaches in the Adirondack Park, please use the BLGA logo on your cache pages to help promote the organization. You might even consider hosting an event under the BLGA. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us!

www.bluelinegeocachers.org

Edited by Keystone
removed oversized image

Here in South Eastern PA, we have

41592_7747215030_9977_n.jpg

We don't have any real border and have members from all over South Eastern PA as well as other states. We overlap with many of the other regional groups in PA. Everyone is welcome to join, we're always happy to have new people.

UPDATED - UPDATE*** Alas it seems that the SEPAG site is no longer working. There is a new Facebook page added to help keep those interested updated. Nothing like the old site but come check it out and join:

SEPAG on Facebook

-Angry Beaver

Edited by Angry-Beaver

The Great Hazleton Area Geocaching Society Located in Hazleton Pennsylvania. founded in Feb 2011 350 registered members 60 active members. Multiple events,Weekly Cache trips on all Sundays from spring to fall. Owns 150 caches From Hazleton Thru White Haven Pa. Join us on facebook at "Hazleton Geocaching", Check out our website at www.hazletongeocaching.com. email us for information at hazletongeocache@gmail.com.

If your looking for that super active group that goes all year long we are the group for you !!!

274084_100002670522565_6442645_n.jpg

since this got bumped, maybe someone would be willing to shed some light on VAGUE and why Vermont geocachers have chosen not to have some kind of group?

I agree what's going on Vague is useless and just what is the other "club"? Vermonters are independent cusses but this is rediculous!

I am in Vermont as well, and while not looking specifically to build a group, I would love to communicate more with fellow geocachers near me. There is a Yahoo group for Vermont geocachers. I hope to see you there.

A group of students at the Indiana University of Pennsylvania have just started up a group to go out together and cache. Would love to team up with any groups in the area along with getting some help from other groups about what we need and where to get it so it's affordable. And anything else that will help us keep the group going. Thanks guys!!!!

IUP Gocachers

Eastern Shore of Virginia Geocachers (NEW)

Whether you are a current, past or possible future geocacher , you are welcome to be a member of the group. This is for anyone and everyone that has anything to do with geocaching. If you are interested in geocaching and would like to learn more about it , you can check out this site www.geocaching.com , or even send me a message and I will be glad to help answer your questions.

We are accepting anyone who would like to be a member, send an e-mail with a brief description of who you are and what you would like to do or what your goals are with this group and a picture and you will be added to the members list and featured in a members album. You can

Email us or send a message through Facebook ( ESVA Geocachers). After recruiting more members we will hold occasional meetings in the style of Meet and Greets and discuss po:antenna: ssible future events and introduce one another and plan caches and so forth. ESVA Geocachers

Hope to hear from you soon. :antenna:

249083_106955919447125_911228795_n.jpg

Edited by TeamMedlock

We have a new GeoCaching group for people in Shenango and Mahoning River Valleys which cover Western Pennsylvania and Eastern Ohio. The group is still in infancy, so we're encouraging all users in the Sharon, Youngstown, New Castle area to come on in and see what's happening. Your contributions will help contribute to the direction of the group.

You can sign up for and contribute to the GeoMaSh (Geocachers of the Mahoning and Shenango) forums at the following link:

http://geomash.freegametalk.com

Thanks!

So, I've been checking around and haven't found a local group of geocachers. Whent to the link for the granite state geocachers and there's nothing there. If there's a group locally I must be missing it or something.

Same thing, I'd also love to know of a local group. I'm in SE NH. I've been away for 5 or so years, would love to talk with locals about favorite caches. :)

Dang. Thought I had followed up on this sooner. Sadly, the web site faded out. The Granite State Geocachers do live on though. We are on facebook and have a very active crowd on there. http://www.facebook.com/groups/GraniteStateGeocachers/

If you want the BIG area, we also interact with our surrounding state neighbors in New England Geocaching Community: http://www.facebook.com/groups/401127463248952/

Please, don't be shy. Join in!

On 4/12/2007 at 6:31 PM, King of Pennsylvania said:

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/2149/yorkgeo5copybv4.gif

Sure you could join one of those "other" geocaching groups, but if you want to be part of something special...

Just kidding to all you geocachers out there.

York County Geocaching Society

This is the link to our website. We are a fun-loving dedicate group that meets once a month (very informal). We plan 2 or 3 geocaching events a year on top of our monthly meetings. Additionaly we have adopted a highway in York County and do CITO events on it roughly every other month. We organize a "Beginners Event" every year and are always willing to help out a struggling geocacher. We also have formed a Waymarking team and have at this time one Waymarking category (Retired Prisons).

In the past we have organized a geocaching activity for sick children and we have created our own trackable geocaching coin (I think we still have some) and a travel bug race. If you have any questions please feel free to post on our website or contact me via geocaching.com

Good caching to all of you.

Link is dead

On 4/5/2007 at 10:20 PM, Keystone said:

It is up to representatives of the organizations to maintain this thread as a list of links to the Geocaching Groups in the Northeast States .... If your information changes later on, post a follow-up post.

Bringing forward a quote from fourteen years ago.  Makes me feel old!

Many of the links in this thread will be dead, as so many Geocaching groups have moved to Facebook and other platforms.

On 5/2/2021 at 8:14 PM, Keystone said:

Bringing forward a quote from fourteen years ago.  Makes me feel old!

Many of the links in this thread will be dead, as so many Geocaching groups have moved to Facebook and other platforms.

I'm sorry.  I just thought if it was pinned, it must be kept up better.  I guess they all forgot about it.  Thanks!

• Upvote 1
On 6/27/2012 at 6:38 PM, Team Geofrog said:

For those of you in the Lower Hudson Valley area of New York, New York City, Northern New Jersey, or Southern Connecticut, there's the

Lower Hudson Geocachers which can be found at http://lohudgc.forummotion.com/ and on facebook at http://on.fb.me/lowerhudsongeocachers (the more popular choice). Come visit us!

http://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/16/24/94/37/lohudl10.jpg

The Lower Hudson Geocachers are only on Facebook now. http://on.fb.me/lowerhudsongeocachers

• Upvote 1