Any interest? Dusk 'til Dawn cache event (vampire dress optional!)

I have heard that the OTMOOR RING consisting of 28 caches in an eleven mile circle is a brilliant experience, it's situated just NE of Oxford GC18AG6. Cannot put the google page here as do not know how to do it. Some nice inns in it's vicinity as well. Just an idea! :drama::drama:

It's certainly an unforgettable experience. All good fun (if you have webbed feet) and those who have not done it yet should their manhoods personhoods cheap (to bowdlerise Henry V) ....

I nearly lost mine on one of the slippery stiles on that route.

Hopefully, it will be drier by June.

But I've done both of those routes :-(

Update on this: I've located a couple of possible pubs who may open early for us on a Sunday morning. I'm still looking at the two pockets of caches seen earlier in this thread, plus some new ones to link them, and add a further loop perhaps. June or July, Saturday night to Sunday morning. More news when I have it!

Update on this: I've located a couple of possible pubs who may open early for us on a Sunday morning. I'm still looking at the two pockets of caches seen earlier in this thread, plus some new ones to link them, and add a further loop perhaps. June or July, Saturday night to Sunday morning. More news when I have it!

I wondered what had happed with this one! Yup still up for it.

bfadfc62-4ad4-4313-a77d-64a189f855f5.jpg

d93f9bff-af30-436c-822f-0ffa5f3a7796.jpg

These are the core caches of the area, with some more within walking distance. I'm going to try to link these up with some fresh caches in time for the event, so even locals who've done these two culsters/series will have something new to find.

If you're keen to come along, please post a 'Will Attend' log on the cache page, and let me know if you'll want the breakfast (at an optional £15 per head).

Edited by Simply Paul
This all sounds most excellent indeed, and if I'm available on whatever date is selected, I'd love to come along. Can we ensure a start point close to public transport? Or if this isn't possible, can someone pick me up/drop me off at a station?

Lee

The start point is the pub listed on the cache page (link above) and while it's away from public transport routes, it's within walking distance of the two (soon to be three) clusters near the pub- which is rather the point! Don't worry though, I can pick up anyone from the station. Just drop me an email with the time you expect to arrive and a mobile number closer to the event.

Thanks Mike. Yes indeed, a series by 'SimplySolly' has been set to the north, adding 19 caches (to be 20 on the night, hopefully) to the three other series (12, 18 and 5 caches) in the area. With the event, I make that 55 (56 tbc) caches to be found over 9 hours. A golden opportunity for anyone looking for a 24-Hour record :anibad:

0a283f74-ff6f-4ff4-b507-7fd56fc09016.jpg