Track Used on GPSMap 60CX and Venture 60CX

Hi there wondered if any help out there.

I have recently purchased a GPSMap 60CX and yesterday I ran a comparism alongside my Venture CX. All settings for recording tracks on both units are set exactly the same but after a 5.5 hour 32km walk my Venture CX showed 4% Tracks Used and downloaded 674 Trackpoints and my 60CX showed 8% Used and downloaded over 2000 trackpoints.

The User Guide is a bit vague on tracklogs and how it deals with them........

Any ideas please ..........

I have the 60cx and my son has the venture cx and we have compared tracks many times. The 60cx definitely puts down more track points over the same distance and we have attributed that to the Sirf receiver... but that is only a guess. The settings are set exactly the same on the track config page. My son has now set his track setting (on the Venture cx) to put down a point for a given distance rather than "auto" because he thought auto gave too sparse of a track. The 60cx seems to put down a pretty good track while set on auto so I have left mine on that setting. I don't worry about the active log "percentage full" because I log my tracks to the card and you can load an unlimited number of track points to the GPX file on the card (as long as you leave room on your card).

A friend of mine shared this on the Garmin's (not a big deal, but if you want the detailed tracks, you may want to keep the track active until you download to your computer:

I discovered this last week while in Big Bend Ranch. If you use a Garmin GPS, do not save your tracks on the GPS itself unless you don't mind losing some information. I saved my tracks and and erased the from the regular track log every day thinking I would have a nice, clean day-by-day track log when I got home.

Come to find out, when you save the tracks on your gps, it does not save critical data such as speed and time of each leg in the track log. I does this in the regular track log, but the data is somehow lost when you save the track log.