I would like to thank you!

Until I was turned on to geocaching, I lived a fairly sedentary lifestyle. Now, even when I am not caching, I find myself hiking through the woods to admir the beauty of mother nature. As a result, I have lost nearly 20 lbs. When I get time to actually get out more often, I am sure I will lose more while doing something that I like. I feel great, and this "sport" is the reason. Fellow posters here and on the chat room have been so embracing as well. Very good people. Just thought that I would share my story. You all have a blessed week.

Until I was turned on to geocaching, I lived a fairly sedentary lifestyle. Now, even when I am not caching, I find myself hiking through the woods to admir the beauty of mother nature. As a result, I have lost nearly 20 lbs. When I get time to actually get out more often, I am sure I will lose more while doing something that I like. I feel great, and this "sport" is the reason. Fellow posters here and on the chat room have been so embracing as well. Very good people. Just thought that I would share my story. You all have a blessed week.

Congratulations. :laughing:

I think I've actually put on a few pounds...driving to all these caches has forced me to make a lot of bad fast food choices...

You should quit going after those LPCs and go after something a bit more challenging. :laughing: :laughing:

I've done the challenging ones around here ... what I need to do is start making trips down the Coast...hehe

Thanks for sharing and congratulations :laughing: Have wonderful Easter weekend.

tsun

Do you ever notice that success stories never mention "admiring the beauty underneath the skirts of lamposts"?
They never mention the beauty of the bottom of the pile of sticks, either. Does every thread have to be about your personal pet peave?

To the OP-

Welcome to the game, you've hit on the very thing that most of us love about this game: getting outside and being active.

Do you ever notice how many threads get dragged into the same inane discussion no matter what the OP's question is?

To the OP-Welcome aboard, have lots of fun and enjoy the ride. It can take you to lots of interesting locations, and the best part is that you get to choose the itinerary all by yourslelf.

I think I've actually put on a few pounds...driving to all these caches has forced me to make a lot of bad fast food choices...

You should quit going after those LPCs and go after something a bit more challenging. :):laughing:

I've done the challenging ones around here ... what I need to do is start making trips down the Coast...hehe

My tongue in cheek point was made by the previous posts above. You didn't need to drag LPCs into this thread.

Why do I feel like Foghorn Leghorn today? I keep tossin' them and they keep missin' them! :)

Isn't it wonderful? I, too, would never have gone into the woods if it hadn't been for geocaching, and the result is several years of a hobby I love, as well as a book that expresses my love -- appropriately title "Open Your Heart with Geocaching."

I'm glad that it's opened your heart, too!

-- Jeannette

Until I was turned on to geocaching, I lived a fairly sedentary lifestyle. Now, even when I am not caching, I find myself hiking through the woods to admire the beauty of mother nature. As a result, I have lost nearly 20 lbs. When I get time to actually get out more often, I am sure I will lose more while doing something that I like. I feel great, and this "sport" is the reason. Fellow posters here and on the chat room have been so embracing as well. Very good people. Just thought that I would share my story. You all have a blessed week.

When I began caching a little more than two years ago, I wanted to start a thread just like this one. I was so grateful to the people who created the website and to the people who had placed the caches I was hiking to.

Thank you for reminding me how important this little game is to me. It changed my life. :laughing:

I'm with you. This really is an awesome sport! One of the benefits I enjoy is becoming familiar with many new trails and places of interest that I never knew about, some in my own backyard! Now when I travel, I rely on local geocachers to lead me to the hidden "gems" of the area, many of which are off the beaten path.

Caching indeed makes a person get off their butts and go. It's a great hobby and opens up whole new views of things. We're working through caches now on the Mission Peak range - steep but gorgeous. It's amazing how the promise of a log to sign and a box of doodads to look through makes it easier to crawl up another mile of hillside!

There's about 35 in this area Mission Peak Regional Preserve and by the time we find them all, I should be down another size in jeans....or need a new knee.

The good people that keep caches like these and all the other cool places derserve our thanks! :cry:

Now, even when I am not caching, I find myself hiking through the woods to admir the beauty of mother nature.

Fortunately (?), I don't have time for anything as friviolous as a walk in the woods without caching. I'm too busy walking in the woods looking for caches!

Seriously, though, congratulations. I suspect a lot of people - certainly including me - have had their lives revolutionised by being able to add an outdoor dimension to their Internet usage. :)

Congratulations. It's great to be outside doing something you love and getting in shape at the same time.

I just wish I knew about caching sooner. I've been an avid hiker for many years, and only just discovered caching in December 2006. I generally don't like to hike the same trail twice (kind of like watching re-runs on the tube), but now I know I've missed so many caches in the last several years that I'm going to have to rehike many of these trails. It's not a bad thing at all though!