Geocaching Organizations in South and Southeast.

Max Cacher

I seriously don't know how we missed getting our group listed here...

Upstate South Carolina Geocachers Association

USCGALogo_New.jpg

MORE INFO (Cause I feel like our great group deserves more) :P pppfffffttttt @ Hockeyhick :D

Webpage/Forum: http://uscgeocaching.net/

Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/129457952473/

Over 550 members on the forum. Family Friendly events hosted monthly for Meet & Greet opportunities plus smileys! We also regularly plan caching trips in/around Upstate,SC and a good many of us attend larger events in the Southeast. Generally 10 - 30 members in attendance at meetings, but fluctuates depending on event. We welcome everyone! Come out and join us!

Edited by Pinky Flamingo

BackwoodsCachersLogo2_zps5b69b088.jpg

Backwoods Cachers is a family oriented geocaching group centered around Newberry County South Carolina.

We have a lot of events in and around the Sumter National Forest that include caching, camping & CITO events.

Backwoods Cachers is a group that is open to all cachers that just want to have fun and cache.

If you would like to join our group or just want to say hello you may contact us at; backwoodscachers@gmail.com

Our website is located here: Backwoods Cachers

Edited by DLB67

We are not an official organized group, but we have started a Facebook group for western Arkansas/eastern Oklahoma cachers called "We AR - E OK Cachers" Anyone is welcome to join. We have a lot of events in our area and since we're on the border, members often cache and attend events in both Arkansas and Oklahoma. Plus we thought the name sounded fun. We are ok cachers. Ha ha.

image002.jpg

Broken Compass Geocachers [Harbor Zones/SW-Florida] is a group for geocachers in the Charlotte, Sarasota, Lee, and nearby Florida County areas.

Designed to bring geocachers together, offer a simple means to communicate, and usher comradery amongst us.

Snowbirds, vacationers, and transients welcome! Check out our group along with the other groups in the area to find, suggest, or post new events.

-Cache'Medic assistance too!

Currently, we believe that our Facebook Group page is the best way to interact together. Therefore please visit us there by clicking the "FB" link below.

image004.jpg

Coastal Carolina Geocachers is a newly formed group. We would like to take the time to get to know others in the area.

I personally would love it if we could all get together at least once a month. The month of August is upon us and that

means the 7 Souveniers of August.

I will be listing events tonight for the month of August, so please join us for a good time, caching and helping take care of the environment.

Thanks

9fireman

Chris

NCGO20Hiker20Blk.jpg

North Carolina Geocachers Organization:

http://www.ncgeocachers.org/index.php

"The primary purpose of NCGO is to act as a forum for discussion and communication about geocaching in the state of North Carolina. We are an organization for Geocachers run by Geocachers. We want to share our interest in using modern technology (GPS and the internet) to encourage and foster an appreciation of the outdoors, and to promote good stewardship of the land and environment that we all enjoy."

Copyright © by North Carolina Geocachers Organization All Right Reserved.

Is this NC group still alive? The link is not working.

I recently started a new Meetup group called Middle Tennessee Geocaching Society before I realized there was already a long-established geocaching club in the area. I don't want to step on MTGC's toes here.... it looks like they have a little bit more formal organization than mine, and I hope to join them in the near future, as I hope maybe some of them will join me in my Meetup group.

I would like to invite anyone in Middle Tennessee/Southern KY to join us... as I said we're just getting underway but I hope for big things.

On 4/4/2007 at 4:07 PM, Max Cacher said:

It is up to representatives of the organizations to maintain this thread as a list of links to the Geocaching Groups in South and Southeast. Please feel free to write a brief post about your geocaching group, giving its name, the area where most of its members live, and a link to the group's website, forums or mailing list. If your information changes later on, post a follow-up post.

On 1/6/2021 at 9:04 AM, mistyceaton said:

I think it may be time to update this feed. I went through all the links, only about 10 of them work. The rest all lead no where

When the internet was younger, geocaching groups might have had a Yahoo! group, an AOL message board, or their own website. These days many have shifted to platforms such as Facebook. Given that the regional forums have much less traffic than they used to, your best bet is to poke around there.

On 1/6/2021 at 8:04 AM, mistyceaton said:

I think it may be time to update this feed. I went through all the links, only about 10 of them work. The rest all lead no where

Mississippi Geocacher's Association is semi-active still. Members still hide/find caches and a few events have been hosted recently, although nothing major. The Facebook group is active, although not super busy. It can be found at https://www.facebook.com/groups/7512884857/