Hand Of Fatimah Geocoin

Team Red Devil

Has anyone received this coin? I'm just curious. I'm pretty patient, but I'm starting to get a little 'concerned.'

Hoping, Hoping, Hoping...

Not in Cali yet...Sure hope it gets here before I head to MO to see the Family. One of these is for my Mamma!

Has anyone received coins or a response from the owner?

Starting to get real concerned. :P

I am glad those in OZ got theirs ;) but 15 days from shipment seems extreme (regardless of international shipping or not) and no replys from owner is starting to worry me..... :P

Any news would be good news!!! well maybe not ANY

Steel City Babes

I'm starting to feel a bit ripped off, as well.

But what are they going to do with all the coins? There's a pic of them, and it unmistakably the HoF, so they exist. Unless of course somebody else ran a very similar coin in the past, then...

Well since TRD hasn't responded to anyone in these forums...I guess we can begin to speculate...

1--- the coin would make nice swag...costly but nice

or

2--- or TRD sold more than 100 since according to previous posts they were selling like hotcakes on the OZ forums

or

3--- Customs sucks!!!! :D which will be our best case scenerio.

Does anyone know if you can take action in regards to receiving a refund. Paypal won't even take listen to dispute since I paid over 45 days ago. I think I will contact my credit card company in question and see if there is any recourse through them. It was very nice of TRD to give updates and ease our concerns (or maybe it was just my concerns) until I was over the 45 day....requirement. ;)

I am just frustrated with the lack of response from TRD(I hope all is well in that regards)....I am sorry if this is being viewed as harsh or impatient. I am just a concerned consumer in the forums.

I understand the risks of purchasing coins from a private vendor....so I am chalking it up to a loss... And I will be very careful from now on and only pay when coins are in hand and ready for shipment, so I can at least file a dispute with paypal if this should occur again.

Steel City Babes

As this matter has gotten out of hand with threats being made to my wife’s safety, I thought it time I intervene.

Marie has been very ill. Currently she is undergoing some MAJOR trials in her life, and has been ‘indisposed’ of for several weeks.

I have been chasing up the Geocoins with both Post Office and Customs, and was sent a box from Customs on Friday afternoon which contained the remainder of some of the coins sent. It appears that neither Customs nor the Post Office are willing to claim fault, but believe me, I am pursuing them ferociously- as this has caused my wife a great deal of unnecessary stress, something completely unnecessary if they had done what they were supposed to in the first place.

How does this affect you? I have as of today repackaged all the coins, luckily there were only three missing, which we thankfully have enough left over to replace, however, as the Post Office and Customs are both disputing responsibility, we can’t get our postage that was originally paid back until the dispute is sorted out.

So I am now paying postage out of my own pocket, (which I hope we will recoup once the dispute is settled) so reposting them is going to be occurring over the next week or so, as money filters in. (Some people owe us money-which will go solely on paying for postage to get you all your coins)

I have been hesitant to post this because what Marie is undergoing is a very personal and private matter, and she didn’t want it posted all over the forums, so I have been as general as I can and still convey to you the severity of her situation. Please be patient, I will email each of you privately once your coins have been posted, and we will be offering anyone who bought our coin this time free postage for the next coin in the set (once Marie is well again of course).

I won’t take up any more of your time, and I thank you personally for your patience thus far,

Scott.

Well Team Red Devil thanks for the lengthy response on the postage issue.

"3--- Customs sucks!!!! ;) which will be our best case scenerio."

"I am just frustrated with the lack of response from TRD(I hope all is well in that regards)...."I am very sorry to hear this is the case, I wish your wife godspeed in her recovery.

Thanks again for the update...I think that was all we were looking/hoping for.

Steel City Babes

I think what we may have here is a person or persons who were wll intended but underestimated their costs and got surprised and then had a setback and could not afford to cover their costs. It happens I guess. Lessons learned are several.

1. Avoid presales with unknown parties with no experience or reputation

2. Expect to wait a long time for your coins then you will not be disappointed

3. The aqueeky wheel gets the oil. Those who complained the most got coins mailed on 6/25

4. Don't spend money on the internet with strangers if you can't afford to lose it

I am sure there are other lessons learned. I missed the WY experience, but there is another example.

As far as not giving someone grief over not fulfilling their end of their business transaction in a timely fashion, I say what the heck does that have to do with it? Everyone experiences some issues on a daily basis and most of us do not bare this to the world as an excuse for not keeping our commitments. I sympathize with anyone who gets sick, loses a loved one or has a financial setback, but that does not mean anyone has to feel guilty for asking when you are going to get something you paid for months ago, expecialy when others are getting their stuff after they complain. And Lotho or anyone else is on thin ice to suggest otherwise, especially if they have nothing at stake :tired: .

Sounds like some good advice to live by...I'm still waiting for my coin as well and I was on that first list of those who were suppose to get theirs pretty darn quick. I'm sorry for the setback, I don't know if I'll ever get this coin, but I would hope that he eventually gets them all out and doesn't lose any in the process

OOOOOH they are comin in! I check my mailbox at least 2 times a week so Im hopin they will be there soon!!!

But still no worries, but by now this coin has got to be a thorn in the OP's toe! I have flaked on one trade because all info was lost and I felt so bad and still have not found that trader! Im sure the OP feels bad for all the confusion...I know I would!

Things happen, I hope they all work out.

I have flaked on one trade because all info was lost and I felt so bad and still have not found that trader!

It was me - you owe me a LFD Geobone, Moun10bike coins (v1, v2, and v3), 10 Red Scout Knives, a Groundspeak Lackey, and a couple of Yemon Yimes. Dont worry though, I can wait a week or so for them.

I have flaked on one trade because all info was lost and I felt so bad and still have not found that trader!

It was me - you owe me a LFD Geobone, Moun10bike coins (v1, v2, and v3), 10 Red Scout Knives, a Groundspeak Lackey, and a couple of Yemon Yimes. Dont worry though, I can wait a week or so for them.

Whew! Im glad I found you! But I thought My GSA and EGB was part of the deal too! :huh: ...I dont remember wanting the World of Geocaching that bad :P ...Guess a trades a trade! :lol: Youll have to wait a bit longer for that Hand of Fatimah...But its on its way!!! :P

Edited by 007BigD