60csx operational questions

I'm a 60csx owner for quite a while now, but still haven't figured out how to get around these problems:

1. During autorouting to a location, say you want to look up another destination or waypoint. So you start typing in the name and then Interrupt/Beep - a message saying to turn in 1 mile. So this basically wipes away the screen you were working on (typing in the name) and so you have to start typing in again from the beginning. Pain in the rear. Anyway to get around this?

2. When trying to find a waypoint name, is there any way to recall the last one typed in? I'm not talking about a recent find. I mean when you go to type in the name with the Rocker key, can it be set up to start with the previous name you typed in instead of reverting to a blank?

Thanks. And any other tips related to these topics would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure about number 2. but for number 1 you need to press the menu button while you are in the map screen and choose "Stop navigation".

El Diablo

Mine desn't start with the last one typed in when I press "Find", but I can scroll down...and the "Enter" and "GoTo". :laughing:

For #1, if you are the driver, don't try searching for waypoints while driving. Pull off the road, do the search, create a new route, and then start driving again. If you're a passenger, then as described, you can turn off the turn alerts, but of course you might miss your turn.

I havn't seen a solution for #2.