60CSx not following Mapsource route

Rock24

I have put together a route in Mapsource and downloaded it to my 60CSx but the one in the GPS is using different roads then the route I designed. How can I get it to follow the route exactly as I have it in Mapsource? Thanks for the help!

When you build the route in MapSource, drop in a coupele of via points. The 60CSx tends to weight your route toward Interstate Highways, whereas you have more control over MapSource. When you build a route and upload it, it only send the start and end points to the GPS. The unit itself builds the route based on the autorouting data you have loaded into it (Basemap or City Navigator).

When you drop in "via" waypoints, Mapsource sends those to your GPSr too, so the unit will autoroute through them. If you place the waypoints with your mouse, you'll want to zoom in pretty far on the map. If you drop in a waypoint on the wrong side of a divided highway, the GPSr will route you to the nearest exit, then have you U-turn back the waypoint, and then have you u-turn again to continue on your way. It makes for an interestesting trip!

Also a tip.... placing a via point on the road YOU want to take a short distance AFTER your desired turn / intersection, will allow the routing software to correctly pick the exit ramp etc.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Edited by Rock24

When you drop in "via" waypoints, Mapsource sends those to your GPSr too, so the unit will autoroute through them. If you place the waypoints with your mouse, you'll want to zoom in pretty far on the map. If you drop in a waypoint on the wrong side of a divided highway, the GPSr will route you to the nearest exit, then have you U-turn back the waypoint, and then have you u-turn again to continue on your way. It makes for an interestesting trip!

As Sputnik mentioned about the waypoint being on the wrong side of a divided highway and causing u-turns and incorrect ETAs, mileages, etc. If you reverse your route for the return trip using the via waypoints with a divided highway more than likely you will experience the u-turn scenario with incorrect mileages to your destination. I always do, so I have started creating a seperate route for both the going and return trip when I use via waypoints.