GW5 Geocoin Party Friday, 05/25 7-11

Fluttershy

A Few of us are hosting a GW5 Geocoin Party at the Ramada - Blue Ridge

on 5/25 from 7-11PM in a Conference room.

Snacks & Beverages will be provided by the Hotel.

Entry fee is $5.00 + 1 Geocoin

The Entry Geocoins will be Raffled off every hour.

Trading Tables will be set up!

More to come as the date gets closer! :ph34r:

Hosts:

Fluttershy

crazycavelover

UOTrackers

ParentsofSAM

~tasia~

Party Party Party!!!

Ramada Blue Ridge

1520 Blue Ridge Rd

Raleigh, NC 27607

Edited by Fluttershy

A Few of us are hosting a GW5 Geocoin Party at the Ramada - Blue Ridge

on 5/25 from 7-11PM in a Conference room.

Snacks & Beverages will be provided by the Hotel.

The Entry Geocoins will be Raffled off every hour.

More to come as the date gets closer! :ph34r:

Hosts:

Fluttershy

crazycavelover

UOTrackers

ParentsofSAM

Party Party Party!!!

Ramada Blue Ridge

1520 Blue Ridge Rd

Raleigh, NC 27607

:ph34r:

I'm not a coin person per se. I don't have extra trackable coins to give away since over 90% of my collection has been given to me by other geocachers at events. I wouldn't part with them.

I WILL however, have my coin press & I'll donate a couple sets (12 coins each) of my new smashed coins.

Will that be acceptable for entry? :ph34r: That's IF I make it there in time...... :ph34r:

I'm not a coin person per se. I don't have extra trackable coins to give away since over 90% of my collection has been given to me by other geocachers at events. I wouldn't part with them.

I WILL however, have my coin press & I'll donate a couple sets (12 coins each) of my new smashed coins.

Will that be acceptable for entry? :laughing: That's IF I make it there in time...... :laughing:

Sounds fine to me!

Y'all are going to miss Geocoin Poker on Friday. It's still in the planning stages, but I've been told there will be a tourney at a nearby location.

That's fine, I'd rather have a party anyway. This is a free-flowing Party, so some can just skip by for a few minutes at our party at any time and continue on to other plans. :laughing:

Will that be acceptable for entry? :laughing: That's IF I make it there in time...... :laughing:

I will throw a coin in for you in trade for a smashed coin. Deal?

Oh and forgot to say I will so be there.

Edited by pghlooking

A Geocoin Party - that sounds great!!

Count us in for 2 - Stellar Jr and I will be there and since we're staying at the Ramada - it couldn't be better.

Is this going to be listed as an "official" geocaching event or is it just an informal gathering?

I think we'll keep it as an informal gathering. :laughing:

It will be so great to meet you, do you know how many times I drive through your area on my way North to Wilkes-Barre?

7-11 should work out great, the wife and kids will be tired from the trip and will go to bed early I'll be wired from drinking Dew all day on the drive from Pittsburgh!

I was looking for a babysitter for the evening. I think I just found one. What room number is that again?

Works for us too :laughing:

Edited by DresselDragons

7-11 should work out great, the wife and kids will be tired from the trip and will go to bed early I'll be wired from drinking Dew all day on the drive from Pittsburgh!

I was looking for a babysitter for the evening. I think I just found one. What room number is that again?

Works for us too :laughing:

I wonder what Nancy would charge an hour? I would even offer my room to be the one to be destroyed!

Y'all are going to miss Geocoin Poker on Friday. It's still in the planning stages, but I've been told there will be a tourney at a nearby location.

Yeah, stay tuned. I've been asked to run another game Friday night, since I heard a rumor the one in California was enjoyed by many.

Keep us informed on this, I am staying in the Ramada also, arriving Friday and don't want to miss the poker!!!!

Did someone say there is a babysitter... :lol:

We hope to be there! We don't plan on going to the poker game so this date and time is good for us.

Thanks....Anthus

Yeah, stay tuned. I've been asked to run another game Friday night, since I heard a rumor the one in California was enjoyed by many.

I enjoyed the poker game. I would be interested if I am back in the country by then.

Planning our Party is a lot of fun!

Here are updates:

Children are allowed into the Party from 7-9pm only.

All Children must be Supervised.

We'll have a few Kid Games with Swag Prizes!

From 9-11pm, it's Adults only.

There WILL BE an EVENT COIN! It will not be an Official GC Event Coin, because

we want to keep it small, because it's not a huge space.

It's Trade only, and the way to get one is to donate 1 Geocoin to the Hostess Collection Pot.

It will be available in a few colors. The Design will be shown here once the artwork is complete.

We think you'll like it!

$5.00 Entry + 1 Geocoin for Raffle = 1 Free raffle ticket, Snacks & Beverages

(raffle tickets may also be purchased for $2.00, or 6 for $10.00)

Tickets may be purchsed at any time, but you must be present to win!

Optional: 1 Geocoin for Event Coin

More to Come Later!

Edited by Fluttershy

Just a few questions...

Will the raffle tickets come with your coin entry fee, or for purchase? And, will any money made be donated to something?

Im just curious how the raffle will work.

Why no micros? I wouldnt mind seeing some there.

I love the idea of the party, but certainly wish the raffle/entry was optional.

I guess this depends though on how the tickets will be done, and if there are any profits, where they will go.

Sorry to bug ya, but had to ask! LOL This will be our first GW, and one of our first 'coin events'.

Just a few questions...

Will the raffle tickets come with your coin entry fee, or for purchase? And, will any money made be donated to something?

Answer: Everyone will get 1 free Raffle Ticket with Entry. You may purchase more at $2.00 a piece,

or 6 for $10.00

Proceeds will go toward the booking of the Room, Snacks, Beverage, & Event Coin.

Im just curious how the raffle will work.

Answer: Drawings will be held every hour @ 8, 9, 10 & 11. We'll pick tickets out of a jar.

Why no micros? I wouldnt mind seeing some there.

Answer: We changed it to Micros are allowed for the Entry coins.

**No Micro Geocoins

How come no micro coins? (I squished my whole collection so they are all micros, even my tradeables! :lol: ) Are non trackable limited too? :lol:

Avroair, We squished our brains, and now we will allow Micros!

Thanks! :lol:

Edited by Fluttershy

I did say Event Coin: Well, it is an Event to us... but it's not an Official GC Event.

Is there a plan to get the word out to the non GeoCoin Forum people that make up the majority of cachers? Maybe getting the GW5 people to put something on their page announcing a pre-event party? Seems it would be easiest to list it though. Would better help with the ones who don't frequent here knowing there is a coin and money needed to attend. At least they could be prepared. Also, wouldn't an event page help with knowing the number attending and such for sake fo letting the hotel know as well as knowing how many "event" coins are to be made?

I did say Event Coin: Well, it is an Event to us... but it's not an Official GC Event.

Is there a plan to get the word out to the non GeoCoin Forum people that make up the majority of cachers? Maybe getting the GW5 people to put something on their page announcing a pre-event party? Seems it would be easiest to list it though. Would better help with the ones who don't frequent here knowing there is a coin and money needed to attend. At least they could be prepared. Also, wouldn't an event page help with knowing the number attending and such for sake fo letting the hotel know as well as knowing how many "event" coins are to be made?

Allie is laying down, so I'm fielding questions (or trying).

I also asked Allie about this, her reason is pretty simple, and fairly understandable. The room she has reserved holds about 50 standing. She's a bit worried that more than that will show up. She does have the ability to upgrade if necessary, but at an additional cost. (she wanted a hotel room to begin with I told her NO WAY!) We really have no idea how this will go over. We know the poker tournament will be going on around the same time also. I'm sorta thinking people will come and go, but we could be wrong. I guess we can feel it out a bit more here, and use that as a way to decide if bigger is better. Thanks for all your input! We really do appreciate the questions.

We know the poker tournament will be going on around the same time also. I'm sorta thinking people will come and go, but we could be wrong. I guess we can feel it out a bit more here, and use that as a way to decide if bigger is better. Thanks for all your input! We really do appreciate the questions.

To help your planning, I'm to understand this stop on the Geocoin Poker Tour is going to be GW5 sanctioned, i.e. part of the main event schedule for Friday night. Time and venue is up in the air, but hopefully that will help you plan this party. Thanks

We know the poker tournament will be going on around the same time also. I'm sorta thinking people will come and go, but we could be wrong. I guess we can feel it out a bit more here, and use that as a way to decide if bigger is better. Thanks for all your input! We really do appreciate the questions.

To help your planning, I'm to understand this stop on the Geocoin Poker Tour is going to be GW5 sanctioned, i.e. part of the main event schedule for Friday night. Time and venue is up in the air, but hopefully that will help you plan this party. Thanks

Thanks Pete, we're certainly not trying to compete, we just wanted to have a bit of fun (I'm not much for poker, plus my moms a card dealer, so no fun for me!) We're hoping this will be a breezy drop in and out say hi type of thing!

Thanks Pete, we're certainly not trying to compete, we just wanted to have a bit of fun (I'm not much for poker, plus my moms a card dealer, so no fun for me!) We're hoping this will be a breezy drop in and out say hi type of thing!

No problem. Multiple events never hurt. This info was for all to keep an eye on either the event page, or the event forums. Not sure where/when the announcement will be.

Question about the coin raffle. If everyone is putting a coin in and we are each getting a raffle ticket, would that mean we are basically each going to get a coin back at some point during the evening? This is assuming all the coins are being handed out in the raffle, which I guess is a question in and of itself.

Question about the coin raffle. If everyone is putting a coin in and we are each getting a raffle ticket, would that mean we are basically each going to get a coin back at some point during the evening? This is assuming all the coins are being handed out in the raffle, which I guess is a question in and of itself.

As far as I know there will only be 4 raffles. So (and I guess Allie is better to answer this) each one is for multiple coins, how many and how they will be decided is unknown, but that is why extra tickets are being sold. They will be for (hopefully) a semi large "pot". It's all to help pay for the event, since there are no actual sponsors. The five of us are paying out of pocket for the event, location, and other special things.

Keep em coming!